Super Mario Crossover

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Kelthaz, Apr 28, 2010.

1. Kelthaz

Kelthaz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Ever wanted to play through Super Mario Bros. while gunning down Goombas or stabbing Bowser in the face with the Master Sword? Well now you can.

Some guy made a flash game on Newgrounds that perfectly recreates the original Super Mario Bros. and throws in Mega Man, Simon Belmont, Bill (Contra), Link, and Samus as playable characters. The perfect controls and attention to detail is unbelievable. Each character has his own music imported into the game and also comes with a sub-weapon (Link gets a boomerang to stun enemies, etc.). If you're a fan of the NES or classic gaming you have to check this game out.

Kotaku Article

Newgrounds Link

2. FordSVT

FordSVT Vice Admiral Admiral

I swear to GOD I dreamed about this when I was a kid, quite often in fact. Killing goombas as a guy from Contra or Simon Belmont or Mega Man.

SWEET.

3. Canadave

Canadave Vice Admiral Admiral

4. Kibbin

Kibbin Commodore Commodore

Am I the only one doing better on this game as pretty much everyone but mario. I'm storming through as MM

5. Kirkman1987

Kirkman1987 Commodore Commodore

This game gives me deep satisfaction. Shooting bowser with the spread gun is one of the greatest moments I've had playing a game in a long time.

This game is great.

6. D Man

D Man Commodore Commodore

Simon is terrible. It's so awesome how they programmed in the awful Castlevania jump controls :lol:. Link and Samus are freaking great, and Megaman and Bill rule too. I picked my fully-powered up Samus for the first water level, thinking swimming + awesome gun would equal win, but it turns out she can't swim. So cool. I only bring out Mario for the flying fish levels 'cause the other guys can't run. What an amazing game.

7. firehawk12

firehawk12 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah, the other characters can't swim. Woof. :lol:

Neat idea though... but clearly the other dudes weren't meant for water levels. :)

8. AdAstra

AdAstra Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

This site led me to Sushi Cat, and I thank you for that.

Go fat kitty!

9. Brandonv

Brandonv Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Mario Crossover is a really cool idea. My favorite character to play as is Mega Man. My least favorite is Simon Belmont. I like Castlevania, but Simon doesn't seem to fare too well in the Mario-verse.

10. Kirkman1987

Kirkman1987 Commodore Commodore

Simon Belmont doesn't even fare well in Castlevania :lol: