Continuum the new tv series!

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Snick27, May 14, 2012.

1. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

2. banzaiduck

banzaiduck Lieutenant

Speak for yourself. :)

[​IMG]

BANZAI!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. Guy Gardener

If you shit in the woods and no ones there to see it, is it still a crime?

Remember... There's DNA in pooh.

4. banzaiduck

banzaiduck Lieutenant

So watching the latest episode, and being rather bored, I've started tallying the amount of the show's locales that I'm familiar with or live near to, and the number is rising rapidly. :) And those damned BC pedestrian crossing lights, I've counted at least 4 times throughout this series where their incessant beeping has distracted me from the characters dialogue.

As for the episode itself, it was average, though I did enjoy the scene where the male detective, whose name I can't recall (as is the case with most of the characters), suggested that the female protagonist should attempt to use her instincts in going about her job.

Oh, and one more thing, "Thermal Anti-Neurons"? Did I hear that right, I hope not for obvious reasons.

BANZAI!!!!!!!!

BANZAI!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited: Jun 18, 2012
  5. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

An average episode. The main plot about the investigation into that scientist's murder did not interest me at all. In the end, a shit pawn takes the fall for everything and even though Kiera knows the corporate woman is responsible, she lets her go because apparentally in the future she's someone famous.

The episode is elevated by the return of Bra'tac. Yes, I'm calling him Bra'tac. No, I don't care what the character's actual name is. His story may be a bit cliched, peaceful leader being pushed around by a draconian government until he finally takes a stand and fights back, but something about how it was presented kind of makes it interesting. I did like the scene where he's walking around the street and they show the city transforming to how it'll look in the future.

6. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

^ I've been calling him "Tony Almeida" myself, eventhough that's the guy from 24. :o

7. Guy Gardener

I've been guilty of that.

8. banzaiduck

banzaiduck Lieutenant

First passable episode of the season. Bra'tac carried the show as far as I'm concerned.

BANZAI!!!!!!!!

9. Agent Richard07

The show is turning out different than I thought. They aren't offing one of the bad guys every week in a formulaic fashion and we're getting flashbacks of life in the future. Also, I wonder where they're going with the timeline bit. Maybe their presence in the past has created a new timeline without erasing the old one. If that's the case, it makes you wonder what they'll go back to or if Kiera will see her husband and kid again.

10. Guy Gardener

They've been straight with us about that since day one.

1. This is exactly what happened the first time around we can't change anything.

Or...

2. This is a new timeline, the future is unwritten from the moment you arrived.

Or...

3. Paradoxes will create destructive problems that might make us go crazy or dead.

11. The Wormhole

This episode was an interesting concept, the gang targeting Keira's grandmother. But I don't know, there was in the execution that just didn't sit right.

We have a Terminator-style plot (which is actually lampshaded in the episode) in which the gang is targeting everyone named "Lily Jones" knowing this to be the name of Keira's grandmother and hoping they can erase her existence. Kiera wonders how it's possible they can know who her grandmother is despite the fact that she knows about the ancestry of all of them. The gang learns Kellog is working against them so they kidnap his grandmother, to blackmail him into delivering Keira's grandmother. Kiera instead blackmails the gang by going after Bra'tac's mother, while she's pregnant with him. When all is said and done, Kellog's grandmother ends up killed, but since he still exists this just raises more questions.

Meanwhile Bra'tac is imposing a new plan with the gang, an actual plan as opposed to mindlessly rampaging around killing people. This doesn't sit well with Roger Cross and Lexa Doig. During these scenes I keep thinking of Wash playing with dinosaur toys in Frefly's pilot episode saying "curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal."

My main problem with this episode is that it dragged on. It felt like it had padded out, particularly with two drawn-out musical montages. They had a good idea, targeting each other's ancestors, but it ultimately resulted in a shoot-out in which everyone's mother or grandmother is targeted and one is killed with no apparent impact on the one descended from her.

12. Guy Gardener

I liked their out.

"Maybe you were adopted?"

Oh.

Wait?

Did they mean that if that's his fathers mother and not his mother mother...

Mommy cheated on daddy with the milk man?

It's not that milkmen are sexier than other regular men.

It's that the milk is free.

13. Agent Richard07

I was wondering what would happen that would make them stop pursuing Kiera's grandmother by the end of the episode. Having Kellog's grandmother die without anything happening to Kellog solved that. I never expected him to just disappear anyway. That would have been pretty hokey for a show like this.

I feel bad for Kellog and his dead grandmother.

14. trekkier

trekkier Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Anybody still watching this show?

15. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

16. Guy Gardener

Diitto.

"read me first"

Punk kid meet the "Smoking man"

Although last week when alec's back was turned a human face flashed through his monitor arrays.

There's a Ghost in the machine.

I so thought that the finally scene would have been nagami knocking on the front door to Alec's house.

Unless because he knew what was coming that he's been feeding a false history to every one for the last 60 years that these guys can't find him too easily.

but seriously...

Fool me three times and I'm a tard.

Kira shouldn't have been caught by the game, and Alec after he was positive what happened to kira should not have put his own head set on!

I'm really like how they're playing Kellog.

17. The Wormhole

Last night's was kind interesting, mainly because it seems they're making progress on the story arc. The gang is now aware of Alec, Alec is seeing some hints of what he becomes in the future. In fact, this is one time where I can believe a teenager can hack into an advanced futuristic computer, since presumably older Cancer Man Alec purposely made it possible for his teenage self to have easy access.

18. Guy Gardener

Which brings us back to my earlier reservations that Future Alec... "Alexander" is the real secret head of liber8, which he only created to orchestrate a scenario that would send Kira back in time.

Who the fuck else is going to invent time travel tech?

19. aelius

aelius Commander Red Shirt

After seeing the latest episode, that might not be far wrong.
    Also, it appears Kagami wasn't entirely truthful about the girl being pregnant with him...

20. Guy Gardener

Did I miss something?

He was born, his mum got a shit load of money to give him a good life.

Did you ever wonder what Mary and Joseph spent all that frankincense, Gold and murr on after the wise men fucked off?

Like shit they put it in trust till JC had his 21st rager.