Superman (casting, rumors, pix till release)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Obiwanshinobi, Jan 30, 2011.

1. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

How? There's not a dramatic moment or real scene in it - which is kind of a giveaway. It's a bunch of familiar sequences which appear to have been lifted from different versions of the Superman story, described in more specific detail than makes any sense for a synopsis and which build toward...nothing, in emotional or storytelling terms. It has that amateurish style of going on, relating incident after incident with no emotional or character emphasis (other than synopsizing the occasional confessional monologue or moment of bluster), building no tension at all until it just stops. There's no point of view, no twist or inspiration to it - it's the kind of thing kids make up by chattering back and forth - "oh yeah, you know what else would be cool?" Meh.

In fact, he has failed to make any worthwhile point at all.

2. Gojira

Gojira Commodore Commodore

I am certainly not going to defend the synopsis as it is written because the style is very amateurish.

But within the events as told I could see where it is a nice mixture of action and character development.

3. Admiral Buzzkill

Where's the character development? Clark has an earnest conversation about his goals with his father - sorry, but BFD. I don't see people like Nolan or Snyder getting the least bit excited about this kind of familiar trivia.

4. Gojira

I never said the synopsis has the character development spelled out in detail...but I can see where such events could be an impetus for character development.

5. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

This is the only reason why I believe it is fake or at least just a fan fiction treatment which is most likely is. The script is in lockdown along with the Dark Knight Rises script (which has been the norm for Nolan productions). This was probably just a fans theory based on the set photos and the plot rumours. We've still not got an official film plot synopsis I don't think from Warner Bros.

6. Admiral Buzzkill

The synopsis contains no hint of character development sufficient to make a story interesting. Perez has more going on in the Superman comic right now, and that's damning with pretty faint praise.

7. Gojira

I am fine with disagreeing.

8. StarTrek1701

StarTrek1701 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

There are tens of thousands of other actresses that are way hotter and better actresses than Amy Adams. Seen her 'act', never liked it. Again, I apologise for having better taste in women. :p

9. Gojira

How does subjective differences in taste mean one is better than the other?

10. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

This has nothing to do with a taste in women...this has to do with a continued dismissal of an actress in a role that you've not seen her in yet StarTrek1701. No question that Antje Traue is a beautiful woman and yes she would have been an interesting pick for Lois but you continue to assert your view that Amy Adams was a wrong pick for Lois which is fine if it was an opinion based on anything else but her appearance. You continue to prattle on about this every time a "news" item crops up and even if it doesn't. We get your point man...there really is no need to continue on an on an on about it. Why bother posting in the thread at all if you've got such a negative view on the film? It doesn't seem like this will change any time soon.

11. StarTrek1701

StarTrek1701 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I don't have a negative view of the film itself but... whatever man. I won't be posting in this thread anymore. Point noted. Sorry to have bothered you guys. :)

12. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

13. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

No, its not just you. I've noticed that as well.

14. Agenda

Agenda Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Amy Adams will be the new Margot Kidder. Embodies the character of Lois Lane, but aesthetically not the best they could have cast.

15. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

They should have Isla play Lana Lang. Would make for a great awkward scene when Clark introduces Lois to his old girlfriend from smallville.

16. Gojira

No its not just you I confuse them all the time. I used to confuse both of them with Jenna Fischer too. All three have a similar look.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2011
  17. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

[​IMG]

I will take Amy Adams as Lois Lane any day of the week. :adore:

18. Broccoli

Broccoli Vice Admiral Admiral

19. Gojira

I'm glad we have a confirmation. I still like the synopsis even though the writing isn't great.

20. the G-man

the G-man Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Growing up on Lois Lane embodied by Noel Neill, Curt Swan drawings and Margot Kidder I never thought of Lois as a sexpot. I always thought of her as someone who won over Superman with her "spunk."