"Devil"

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Trekker4747, Jul 28, 2010.

1. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

2. PsychoPere

PsychoPere Vice Admiral Premium Member

I hadn't heard that Shyamalan had actually ever started work on a story for an Unbreakable 2, but apparently he had -- and now that idea is being used for the third film in this Night Chronicles trilogy.
    There are a few more quotes in the article.

3. Rii

Rii Rear Admiral

The problem isn't that people don't like Shyamalan, it's that they can't shut the fuck up about not liking Shyamalan. This thread is a great example: about 5% of it actually concerns Devil. You just about have to Ctrl+F through the thing to find anything remotely worth reading.

It'll probably die down eventually - most folks these days no longer feel the need to turn any thread containing the string 'George Lucas' into a discussion about exactly how much they didn't like those Star Wars prequels - but for the moment it's just fucking annoying. Talk about a low signal:noise ratio. :lol:

Twilight has the same problem. I pity anyone who actually enjoys those novels/films; it must be a nightmare trying to find discussions about them that don't consist largely of endless variations on 'lolol Twilight sux'.

4. JacksonArcher

JacksonArcher Vice Admiral Admiral

Maybe if he made films worth discussing...

5. Admiral_Young

The film looks interesting to me...I doubt seriously that it will do any serious box office numbers due to people being turned off of M. Night...that sucks for the actual directors who have probably filmed a pretty good story which is something I'm interested in seeing. The second film doesn't look too interesting but the third film, a reworked "Unbreakable 2" (which actually was quite hot just before the Last Airbender shit happened) could be cool.

6. McCoy

McCoy Commodore Commodore

Looks interesting to me. I like movies that are essentially claustrophobic psychological crucibles, and this appears to be that kind of film.

7. Admiral_Young

^ Yeah I think that is the intention of the film, people stuck in an elevator and trapped with the Devil lol..