4-episode release packages?

Discussion in 'Star Trek - The Original & Animated Series' started by Melakon, Aug 5, 2013.

1. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

I was at my local used music/video store today, and since I'd gotten several ST videos already there this year, checked that shelf. Something I hadn't seen before was 2 volumes on DVD, each containing 4 episodes as sort of a best of or highlights offer. The copyright was 2005.

There were two different volumes I saw, and none appeared to be sequential episodes. I remember titles of "Balance of Terror", "Amok Time", "The City on the Edge of Forever", and "The Trouble with Tribbles".

Were these some sort of remaster sampler, or did they have the misfortune of being released before remastering took place?

2. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

I see nothing on Google with a 2005 release date. The only ones I know of came out later. The first one is listed on Amazon as coming out in May, 2009.

3. Melakon

I passed on them, as there were some episodes I alreay had. Instead I got some real old Superman dvds with George Reeves' series and Kirk Alyn's first serial.

And maybe those 4-episode sets were just a repacking of the earlier single disks (I have Menagerie I & II that way), which were around 1999 according to Menagerie's box art.

4. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

5. Melakon

That must have been it, judging from the box art and description, and I remembered the date wrong. Thanks!