Your Top 10 Klingon Episodes.....

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by K'riq Sa, Feb 17, 2009.

1. Too Much Fun

Too Much Fun Commodore Commodore

Not a bad set, but I think it would have been better with "Bload Oath". In my opinion, that was the best Deep Space Nine episode focused on Klingons. It was cool to see the three from the original series reunited, but weird how differently some of them acted from how they originally were. Kor, who was so ruthless and vicious in "Errand of Mercy" was just a silly drunk. In "The Trouble with Tribbles", I just thought Koloth was way too nice to be a Klingon, what with his being so cordial and bowing a lot. Maybe it's because William Campbell is just a really nice guy. Even as Trelane I thought he came across as just too nice and cheerful to be an intimidating villain. In "Blood Oath", he acted so much more like a "traditional" Klingon that he seemed like a completely different person. The make-up helped achieve that effect too. If I didn't know better, I'd think it was a different actor in the role.

2. RealTime

RealTime Lieutenant Red Shirt

I'm surprised no one has mentioned STIII yet. Kruge was a pretty good villain and there's plenty of hammy viz to choose from.

RT.

3. plynch

plynch Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Errand of Mercy

Kor is cool.

It is from the before time. Before Klingons turned into silly, stupid charactures. ("Bla bla bla MY HONOR, I must kill you now, etc.")

4. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

In no particular order, the ten Klingon episodes I enjoy the most:

-Errand of Mercy
    -A Matter of Honor
    -Sins of the Father
    -Redemption
    -Rightful Heir
    -Blood Oath
    -The Way of the Warrior
    -Soldiers of the Empire
    -Sons and Daughters
    -Affliction/Divergence

5. Mr Pointy Ears

Mr Pointy Ears Captain Captain

ok there was top 10
    1.Errand of mercy
    2.A matter of honor
    3.Sins of he father
    4.first born
    5.Blood oath
    6.The way of the warrior
    7.soliders of the empire
    8.Barge of the dead
    9.Prophecy
    10.Affliction

6. AstroMike

AstroMike Captain Captain

My favorite is still "Day of the Dove." When I think of Klingons an image of Kang pops in my head. As a kid watching that in syndication in the 70s it didn't get much better than Kirk fighting Klingons with swords an a runaway starship.

7. AstroMike

AstroMike Captain Captain

And of the new ones, it has to be "A Matter of Honor." It doesn't get much better than Riker being on a Klingon ship fighting them and ultimately winning their respect. Still a great episode.

8. Too Much Fun

Too Much Fun Commodore Commodore

Yeah, "Day of the Dove" is a home run all the way. I've been watching season 3 of "Star Trek" for the first time and so far that's the only episode that I've found great and as good as any solid episode in the previous two seasons.

Michael Ansara is one cool dude. His acting in "Blood Oath" years later contributed significantly to my considering that one of DS9's best episodes. Here's a fun bit of geek trivia...his line, "You will die of suffocation in the icy cold of space" is now a bit of a nice unintentional foreshadowing of his later unforgettably brilliant performance as Mr. Freeze in "Batman: The Animated Series". :) Whether he's doing voice acting or live action, his voice is always badass.