The Amazing Race - 4/26/2009 - (Live Commentary/Discussion)

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Brent, Apr 27, 2009.

1. Brent

Brent Admiral Admiral

Welcome Everyone!

2. Brent

Brent Admiral Admiral

I would love to have that kinda foot massage done on me

Dang, Tammy and Victory are really sinking with the swim thing here

Last edited: Apr 27, 2009
  3. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

Ha! Two-part leg, nice. :lol:

4. Brent

Brent Admiral Admiral

I knew it had to be something tonight, either non-elim leg or a continued leg, it just felt like they were gonna throw something in there

5. Skywalker

Okay, you can add me to the "get rid of Luke and Margie" camp now. Kisha and Jen were ready to just let it go and move on, but Luke and Margie refuse to get over it. I also had to roll my eyes when Margie was bitching about how Kisha and Jen didn't "honor the order we came in" when they went to get plane tickets. It's a race, for frak's sake! :scream:

6. Steven

Steven Admiral Admiral

True. But then most of the teams turn bitchy at each other at this point in the race every time.

Plus, Margie and Luke have won a lot of legs this season, so that's probably adding to their abrasiveness.

7. OmahaStar

OmahaStar Disrespectful of his betters Admiral

I cannot stand either of the female couples. Lakisha and Jennifer were both just completely stupid, and who knows what happened between legs when they were at the pit stop? They have 12 hours to bicker back and forth. We also only see about 35 minutes a week, out of an entire leg. There could be lots of fighting. Still, all the whining they did about the foot massage and then the swimming? It's fucking WATER, you moronic bitches! If you're so afraid of water, how the hell do you bathe?

As for the other pair, oh they need to fuck off. They were actually complaining about someone in China not speaking English. Um, hello? Once again, they demonstrate the stereotype of the "ugly Americans" ... I really hope they see themselves on tv and get so embarrassed they're forced to kill themselves.

Tammy and Victor - No opinion, really. *shrug* Sure Victor's cute, but other than that? I got nothing.

Margie and Luke - they're still my favorites. I really hope Luke wins. er, Luke and Margie.

8. Skywalker

Yeah, Jamie and Cara have been whining about the language barrier on every leg. And they treat their cab drivers horribly. Jamie is by far the worst of the two about it, though.

9. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Look on Jamie, Cara, and Phil's face at the end of tonight's episode was priceless. :guffaw:

Now I hope Tammy and Victor win the whole thing. I can't stand the other three teams left and definitely don't want the Cheerleaders to win. As for the whole thing between Luke, Margie and the other girls, I'm really trying not to care. Get the heck over it.

10. JAG

JAG Vice Admiral Admiral

Cara and Jamie truly are ugly americans. Great episode, I loved the fact that it was a continuing leg.

11. Skywalker

I'll bet Victor wasn't happy when he found out it was a double leg. Poor guy was probably looking forward to resting his cramping legs. :lol:

12. Pegaritaville

Pegaritaville Vice Admiral Admiral

I loved that.

I figured something was up when they kept showing Jamie and Cara complaining about never finishing first.

I gotta give credit to Kisha for supporting and encouraging Jen at the pool, but I have to wonder why they tried the synchronized diving in the first place. What made them think they could dive in unison when one of them was that afraid of the water? Seeing how much Victor and Tammy (who at least had forsight to take swimming lessons) struggled should have clued them in that sticking with the swimming (with life jackets) was the better option.

13. Dave.Bowman

Dave.Bowman Ensign Newbie

I was glad to see Luke volunteer for the foot massage (much to Margie's surprise). Those foot massagers seemed to really enjoy the pain they were inflicting! I'd like to see Luke and Margie win, but I won't be too disappointed if Tammy and Victor win the race. I'm glad they renewed the show for another year - I just hope they ramp up the challenges for next season - and that Phil learns to do something more than perpetually scowl.

14. IndyJones

IndyJones Vice Admiral Admiral

I was surprised both by the simplicity of the challenges (an admitedly uncomfortable foot massage and 2x2 minutes of swimming) and by how much trouble the teams had with it...

15. Skywalker

Didn't it say that their dives had to be synchronized in the Detour description? Read the damn clue, people! :lol:

16. TGTheodore

TGTheodore Writer Admiral

Then, by definition, they obviously weren't as simple as a viewer might think.

Pulling for Victor and his damned cute and charming sister! (My, she has nice legs!)

--Ted

17. Skywalker

Hey! I saw her first! :klingon: :p

18. IndyJones

IndyJones Vice Admiral Admiral

I don't buy that. ;)

The fact that team members couldn't swim made it a challenging task for them, but that doesn't really make it a complicated challenge.

I was just thinking along the lines of...

1. Everyone on the same flight.
    2. Cab.
    3. Everyone gets a timed foot massage.
    4. Cab.
    5. Swim (the slower teams took 5 minutes more than the faster teams).
    6. Cab.

There's actually very little time there that varies between the teams (with the exceptions of time wasted starting one task and switching to another and the time spent mentally preparing yourself to take the plunge).

I don't mean to belittle how frightening jumping off that board would be for someone who isn't comfortable with their swimming skills (the old lifeguard in me nearly jumped off of the couch after a couple of those dives), I guess that I'd just consider swimming a basic skill.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2009
  19. Skywalker

Yeah, I was a little surprised that everyone aside from Margie and Luke proclaimed to be terrible swimmers. I mean, I'm no Olympic athlete or anything, but I'm a pretty decent swimmer. I know how to keep myself from drowning. I figured most people would consider swimming to be a basic skill one should learn, even if you live in, say, Kansas for example. :p

20. Spot's Meow

Spot's Meow Vice Admiral Admiral

It always surprises me when people don't know what to do in the water. I have a fear of water and I have never learned to swim, yet I at least know how to doggie paddle and get myself from one side of the pool to the other. Or at least do the breast stroke, which is pretty easy for anyone to do. I would not have been able to dive off that board - way too freaky and high, gives me bad memories of when someone tried to make me dive off one when I was six - but swimming across a pool? Seriously not that hard. Did they never play in a pool when they were kids??