Season 5 and beyond ideas, what would you have done?

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Enterprise' started by issreliant, Aug 8, 2011.

1. issreliant

issreliant Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Other than the Romulan war, what ideas would have liked to see happen in a 5th season?

I remember hearing that atleast one of the writers wanted Shran to join the Enterprise crew. my thoughts on that is it would have been awesome! also i would have loved to see the romulan war, but after that a return of the exploration mission from seasons 1 and 2. any ideas or storylines that you think would have work well?

2. ChristopherPike

ChristopherPike Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

William Shatner appears in a story to mark the 40th Anniversary of Star Trek. He plays the Chef and his chemistry alongside Bakula, together with the soaring ratings during sweeps, is often quoted as instrumental in saving Enterprise from cancellation.

Another comedy episode is set on Denobula, with a member of Phlox's family played by Dan Aykroyd. One of Feezal's husbands turned out to be a well-kept surprise guest star too.

Face-to-face encounters between humans and Romulan forces, at first mistaking Remans for that race. Until a few are taken captive. Starfleet learn more about them, where they come from, but not their masters obviously. It is hoped later on, a sympathetic few among them and their telepathy powers can used as a conduit for diplomacy. That and help from a potential future coalition race, Archer makes first contact with this year - the Betazoids.

A Lord Haw-Haw figure taunting the Enterprise crew over subspace radio. Giving coded messages about where the Romulans plan to strike next. Probably the former Vulcan Minister V'Las having now gone insane.

Silik revealed to be alive and well, after the timeline was reset in "Storm Front". He's on the run from the Tandarans and desperately trying to get back in touch with Future Guy. He eventually finds that he has now begun providing aid to the Romulan Star Empire, after both Tandar Prime and several Suliban refugee worlds were subjugated.

A controversial episode in which a transporter accident lands Archer back in New York on the eve of 9/11. This further traumatises him, as his collegues continually trying to retrieve him, so he intermittently phases back and forth from the pad to a week from Earth's past, and unintentionally developing a relationship with a married woman who's husband is a fireman destined to die that day. The transporter is taken out of service across the whole fleet as the result of a part common to all units. All of them deemed unsafe for the episodes which follow. Until a future episode dealing with the aftermath of Enterprise's war activities - another Family/Home drama situation with the crew convalescing and Archer pouring his heart to Emory Erikson, assigned there to follow-up on the fault.

That possible storyline involving T'Pol's father having been an undercover Romulan agent on Vulcan.

Shran comes close to capturing a Romulan, after Starfleet suffer high casualties boarding "surrendering" ships. But finding out all Centurions features are obscured by helmets and they come equipped with a genetically encoded suicide device, which reduces them to a powdery dust at will. Possibly a religious or ceremonial act in worship of their Praetor.

Eventually evidence which points to Vulcans and Romulans having a shared heritage comes close to falling into the hands of Terra Prime. Section 31 take drastic action to prevent anti-Vulcan sentiment on the eve of the Federation founding. Showing how far Starfleet unofficially went to ensure the alliance remained strong. Paxton returns and his death almost elevates him into a martyr figure.

Another two-part dealing with fall-out from the Klingon situation. Michael Dorn playing his second Worf ancestor, this one with no ridges. A rift developing along infected/non infected bloodlines. An Imperial House rises to power, deposes the Chancellor and installs an Emperor. Internal fighting will keep the Empire focused inward for decades, allowing the Federation to blossom.

Admiral Valdore, the main Romulan character recast to be a leaner, less heavy, more angular actor. An episode told entirely from their perspective on the war. At this point in the history of the race, the Praetor is treated as divine being. Although some doubt that and will eventually rebel against the religious dogma surrounding what was basically a cult when it left Vulcan. This builds pressure for the war to end from within, so it's not entirely Starfleet's or the Coalition's victory. In fact, even together they are greatly overmatched and not expected to win.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2011
  3. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

Definitely more TOS fanwank. :techman:

4. RAMA

RAMA Admiral Admiral

5. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

Since Coto and his crew were into doing TOS prequels, I would have liked a prequel to "Wolf in the Fold." In that ep, it's said that Redjac also murdered several people on Alpha Eridani II in 2156--which would have been during late Season 5 or early Season 6 in ENT.

6. brian577

brian577 Captain Captain

How about some TNG prequels? Archer has something to do with hiding the Tox Uthat from "Captain's Holiday" on Risa and Berlinghoff Rasmussen or at the very least the guy he stole the timeship from makes an appearance.

7. Skywalker

That is brilliant, man. :D If I ever stop being such a slacker and actually write some of this 2160s-era fanfic I've been brainstorming since forever, would it be okay with you if I used this idea? I would, of course, give credit where credit is due. :techman:

8. brian577

brian577 Captain Captain

Sure, I've just been watching TNG on Netflix and every time the 22nd century comes up I think about how it could be incorporated into Enterprise.

9. ChristopherPike

[​IMG]

An swiftly done NX-01 refit, making the hero ship stand out among those other NX ships.

[​IMG]

More screentime for these Bird of Prey/Warbirds, whatever the prevailing name for them is. Maybe it's a lost in translation issue. The Romulans call them Warbirds and Starfleet nickname them Birds of Prey.

[​IMG]

Some reason for this to happen.

[​IMG]

A Starfleet vessel out there with its crew uniform bearing the Phoenix patch.

[​IMG]

Back to wearing this blue leather-look away team jacket, seen in "Broken Bow" and "Oasis".

Another episode set in the Mirror Universe.

[​IMG]

This guy explained or revealed.

[​IMG]

Now-a-days, there would have to be an episode set in the alt. future.

My finale would basically fullfil Archer's destiny cooked up for that production graphic (but ultimately unseen) during "In a Mirror, Darkly".

An eldery Admiral Archer taking about the past, from a 23rd Century vantage point. Either attending the christening ceremony for the U.S.S. Enterprise in the Prime, or a laying the keel ceremony in the Abramsverse - the first piece of the vessel being put in place.

[​IMG]

Change in title font, like that used in the ads for the 2005/06 Syndicated run (which turned out to Season 4, Broken Bow, Carbon Creek and Regeneration).

[​IMG]

Revamped opening title sequence:
    http://youtu.be/6PWMk94lmlE

Last edited: Aug 8, 2011
  10. ChristopherPike

[​IMG]

An article from SFX about some of the ideas Manny Coto wanted to get into, including the TCW one, with the Chef being drafted as a "Churchill's double" for Kirk.

11. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2011
  12. brian577

brian577 Captain Captain

13. cyph

cyph Captain Captain

I would've liked to see more of how the Federation evolves, like the initial conflicts, sharing of different technologies, etc. I can't imagine the Enterprise retiring without having installed shields and a tractor beam.

Maybe something having to do with the Caretaker from Voyager would be nice... like, maybe there was a wormhole where people got abducted, and Enterprise was sent to investigate, possibly close the wormhole.

14. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

What they actually had planned sounded like a lot of fun - particularly the Borg Queen origin story with Alice Krige as a Starfleet medic! I can so see it ending with a Revenge of the Sith-style surgery sequence after her body is severely damaged by Archer during the Enterprise's escape.

I'd also have loved to see the Enterprise fly to the rescue of the real ECS Kobayashi Maru (but totally different to the version in the awful Enterprise novel)

15. G2309

G2309 Captain Captain

They thought thered be another film despote nemesis being the last of tng? Or would it just be a couple od characters.

16. ChristopherPike

There's not much to chew over in that paragraph from SFX magazine back in 2006. John Logan, the writer of Nemesis obviously had a rough idea what to follow up the tenth film with, if he had gotten the chance. He didn't.

Nemesis performed badly, so Paramount didn't come to Rick Berman asking for another 24th Century movie... and he didn't go to John Logan to provide a script for it.

We know very little about his idea. Beyond the fact he sounded out Patrick Stewart and Brent Spiner, and that it was basically pitched as a "Justice League of Trek" with Captains (& their crews presumably) from different shows colliding.

Nemesis seems to have been always intended as the last Next Generation movie, as far as its writer was concerned. With any sequel being Generations II, for all intents and purposes... criss-crossing the franchise. At that point, the 40th Anniversary due in 2006, maybe Logan envisioned the best celebration ever, happening on the big screen?

Generally on the surface it's a bad idea, aimed more at fans than general audiences. But they could, if they had wanted anchored three centuries together by following an alien who's born, lives and dies over that length of time. Influencing familar characters he meets along the way. That's epic on a scale never seen in a Star Trek movie still. But it would've to had to have been a pretty damn interesting alien. It's also limited in that it would basically be designed to be a one-off and studios like to keep the sequels rolling, with just the one ensemble cast contracted.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2011
  17. ChristopherPike

They would've had to separate the original Borg Queen, from the second one seen in "Dark Frontier" on Voyager perhaps. As that version gave her Species number. Of course, not knowing where humans come on the Borg's list might be a way around explaining that. Depends whether any dialogue between her and Seven, gave a specific mention of a homeworld. IIRC it wasn't clear whether the second actress brought in was playing a different person, in a line of succession or not. No explanation was ever given why the Krige one came back for "Endgame" either.

More specifically to Enterprise's 5th season, was how Trip's death would've been handled.
    Like the Matt Smith Doctor's current situation in Doctor Who perhaps? Whichever reset Steven Moffat plans to use to undo his death.
    Now you might say, what's the problem? "These Are The Voyages..." just wouldn't have happened. That's not strictly true. Season 4 was always going to end with that episode based on interviews I remember reading. They could possibly have tweeked it at the last minute. Rewrote the script. Made more of Trip's wink to Archer, in a Spock "Remember" way. No, I've absolutely no idea what that really means either! But the fact remains the audience would've been spoiled about an event that happens in 6 years' time. The TNG part of it would need to be shunted into one of those alternate universes from "Parallels" or something. The universe where the Romulan War never involved the NX-01 and Trip died on a stupid mission involving a fake jewell and Shran's daughter, butterfly-effected all the way into the 24th Century.

I've read the first ENT relaunch novel "The Good That Men Do" obviously... but often wonder what approach the TV show itself might've taken - given an admittedly implausable late reprive or resurrection within a year of getting cancelled. The struck set being finally bulldozed on November 20th 2006. So impossible beyond that point.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2011
  18. Skywalker

I remember reading somewhere that, if ENT had gotten a Season 5, B&B wouldn't have killed Trip in TATV. I can't recall where I read that now, though. That was years ago.

19. ChristopherPike

I'm sure I saw an interview with Rick Berman in Star Trek Magazine shortly after the episode aired, that they would've still gone with that episode regardless. He contributed regularly for the publication, for a regular feature which shifted to looking back on his years involved in the franchise, when other projects he spoke of inevitably dried up. He remained on the Paramount lot for about a year or more if I remember correctly.

20. grabthars hammer

grabthars hammer Captain Captain

Give Ron Moore a blank check and file restraining orders against B & B.