Your latest purchases, cont.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Goliath, Oct 20, 2010.

1. Amaris

Amaris Fleet Admiral Admiral

It's a computer repair tool kit. I've also got an anti-static wristband on the way, as I'm tired of being the cause of electrified computer destruction. :ouch:

Oh, TAS is awesome. Magicks of Megas-Tu and Yesteryear for the win!

2. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

You mean you didn't have a sombrero? :(

3. Niorah

Niorah Fleet Admiral Admiral

Are you one of those...? :shifty:
    I had a friend who could turn on computers by imposing her hands on them. Pretty spooky, but a great party trick! :lol:

4. Amaris

I could never turn desktops on, but laptops yes, and I could shut them both off like that. :D

5. Mary Ann

Mary Ann Knitting is honourable Admiral

I'm typing this on my new Mac laptop which arrived today, and since I'm a computer moron and have only ever used Windows since 1993 I don't actually know what the hell I'm doing. :lol:

6. Amaris

Do you require assistance? :ouch:

Oh, and Randi, I just now got your joke. My god, I am slower than a rusty donkey cart going up a mud hill in a rainstorm tonight. :lol:

7. RAMA

RAMA Admiral Admiral

Well worth $4.99 for this PowerAMP media player that blows the socks off of the Android meda player.

[​IMG]

http://powerampapp.com/

8. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

I got Inception on Blu-ray yesterday.

9. trekkiedane

trekkiedane Admiral Admiral

Got myself one of those thingies that cut power to peripherals when you shut down your computer :)

10. Tora Ziyal

Tora Ziyal Vice Admiral Admiral

Welcome to the world of Macs. :)

I switched to one in 2007, after years of Windows and, before that, MS-DOS. The hardest thing for me was getting used to some things being mirror image (left/right), like the close/minimize/maximize buttons.

You'll catch on quickly.

11. Kestra

Kestra Admiral Premium Member

Yay this came in the mail today! And it fits perfectly. Even the husband admitted it's supercute. I do believe I have some shoe shopping to do soon. :)

12. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

I got myself a green T-shirt for St. Paddy's Day, and picked up some undies for hubby. I also had to pick up new iron pills---slow release one, so I hope they will be easier to take.

13. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

VeggieTales:

'Twas The Night Before Easter DVD
    Jonah: A VeggieTales Movie Blu-Ray

14. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

I got a new bed and a new mattress a few days ago.

15. Kathrin

Kathrin Ensign Red Shirt

I bought a diet coke on the way to work ... nothing exciting considering I do this almost every day (I really should buy a mini fridge for my office!)

16. think

think Like Spock Premium Member

purchased four crickets the pet store person did not even raise an eyebrow when I told her they were the pets and not the food for the pets.. seems usually they sell those crickets to feed the lizards and such.. they were big crickets at 11 penny each.. forty four cents and the total for the gel water they drink so they do not drown in water, a problem I had while I was raising my last cockroach (he drown himself in a bubble of water) the little cage is neat fits nice ontop of the computer so the bugs know when I am logged on.. well the total is 12.22 dollar yes you too can get these bugs and keep them to be raised.. at said price.. ,,, I have put things in their cage glass pebbles, two sitting Buddhas and two Eiffel towers bought in Paris ., :) all of unknown values well the Buddhas were from the dollar store at one dollar each.

17. Kestra

Never heard of the slow release ones. Do the other kind make you sick?

The husband's out of town so I went on a bit of a shopping spree with his card and bought ... textbooks! I'm such a nerd.

18. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

^Yeah. I have to take high doses, and it does a number on my innards.

But I'm not sure the slow release one have a high enough dose. Need to go check the numbers.

19. Kestra

Hope it works out for you. I had to take some for awhile but it probably wasn't at the same dose as you. Maybe you can stagger the doses or something?

20. Tora Ziyal

Tora Ziyal Vice Admiral Admiral

Lots of groceries, mostly staples and frozen stuff, so when I get home from the hospital, all I have to ask someone to pick up for me is some fresh fruit and veggies.

And a book by Ben Carson, M.D., the well-known Hopkins neurosurgeon. Wasn't on my wish list at all, but I ran into it, and it seemed appropriate.