Has anyone dealt with cosplaysky.com?

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by dispatcher812, Sep 20, 2013.

1. dispatcher812

dispatcher812 Commander Red Shirt

Has anyone here ever purchased or simple asked a question on cosplaysky.com? I am thinking of purchasing a uniform and had a few questions. I sent a message via their site at the beginning of the week and then again today with no response. They are updating the site since I see Into Darkness uniforms. Thank for the help.

2. T'Girl

T'Girl Vice Admiral Admiral

I personally have never purchased from them.

Did a quick look around the net for review and it a 50/50 mixed bag of raves and rants for this company going back for years, the biggest complaint is the poor quality of the materials used.

Buyer beware.

Good luck.

:)

3. Commishsleer

Commishsleer Commodore Commodore

A friend recommended them.
    Sorry that the best I can do. He dresses in different uniforms all the time.
    I've never seen him in person though. LOL

4. Madzilla

Madzilla Lieutenant Red Shirt

I recently bought a costume from them - an Admiral's costume from Nemesis-era. It wasn't perfect - I provided my measurements (which I reduced slightly as I'd heard they run too big) and specified it was a woman's costume and it was still far too big/baggy. The rank stripes on the sleeves were also far too wide and up by the elbows for some reason. :lol:

However, I had expected it not to fit properly so got it taken in by a local seamstress, who also managed to fix the rank stripes. The fabric is quite lightweight, good for conventions etc which can get quite warm, and the craftsmanship is good - well stitched, good zippers, etc. The gold piping looks great, and the red undershirt is a perfect fit.

I haven't seen or bought any of their other costumes so I can't speak as to the quality of any which use different fabric to this one. So, I'm really happy with it in the end, but if you wanted something that fits perfectly 'off the hanger' so to speak, you might be disappointed.

Oh, and here's a pic of how it looked post-alterations once I added all the accessories - it only came with a combadge, but it wasn't a very high quality one. (Fortunately, I already had one. ;))

[​IMG]

5. dispatcher812

dispatcher812 Commander Red Shirt

Wow that does look good. Thanks. The grey that comes down off the shoulders to the sides of the arms still looks a little long but all in all it looks good. I have though of just buying th pattern and having it made but I am concerned about not being able to find the right grey cloth.