Sleepy Hollow (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Christopher, Sep 17, 2013.

1. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Well, I'm not surprised they brought both Clancy Brown and John Cho back for episode 2, and I'm sure we'll see more of them as the series goes on.

I also predict that archive room where the sheriff's secret files are stored is going to become Ichabod and Abbie's base of operations. It's too elaborate a set to be for one use only.

2. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

But the big question: How long is he going to keep wearing Revolutionary-era clothing?

3. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

Halfway through season 2 they'll probably modernize him(Haircut and a shave)

You just know it's going to happen as the show progresses the appeal of an outsider diminishes.

By season 3 he'll be texting and hastily talking into his cellphone.

4. Tom Hendricks

Tom Hendricks Vice Admiral Premium Member

By what season do you think he will say, "Can we enhance this section of the photograph?"

5. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

If it's preceded by "I saw Bladerunner on cable last night," maybe next week?

6. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

It will all start with "What is this internet of which you speak?"

7. Guy Gardener

The problem with the Devil is that he's bored.

No one goes to heaven or hell till after Revelations.

Totally empty.

He's been waiting in Hell for something to do since his failed coup d'etat a million, million, million, million years ago.... Unless the Universe is only 6 thousand years old, but his putsch might have happened before the universe was created, and even so if God could see the Future with perfect accuracy, why would he bother waiting for Lucifer to get pissed off with his princess like behaviour?

(Was the Universe, and Earth created as somewhere to put this troublesome angel?)

So lets get this straight. The damned are not in hell. They're still in their graves waiting for a trumpet hoot to tell them to get the hell up & get down to Hell. The Devil has yet to do anything bad other than to ask god why he's such a prick, which is something god forced him to do?

No wonder he's acting out. It's like he's been waiting at a busstop for the last 2 and half centuries.

That poor bastard.

8. Christopher

I liked Abbie's Post-It Note message on the TV: "Television. It's like theatre."

9. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I actually had the same thought. At least they did show him watching it, so we know the old stuff is clean.

I thought this episode was fun. John Cho's return was unexpected, and his resurrection scene was kinda creepy.
    If this is what the typical episode of the show is going to be like, I'll be happy.

10. Guy Gardener

Clean?

In Time Traxx, Darien Lambert raided the Smithonian's Elvis Presly Exhibit for the 22nd centuries last pair of Blue Jeans before he back stepped into the ancient and barbaric 20th century to hunt a flock of fugatives, but still, there's vintage clothes and then there's vintage clothes, or did the magic that kept his fresh and crisp do the same for his clothes and is he continuing to still being preserved?

And if he's linked to the Horseman... Does he die or sleep if the horseman goes back to sleep or dies?

11. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

^Oh they could really jump the shark if they did that

End of season 3 Ichabod goes to sleep again

Wakes up in 2151. The horseman has a plasma rifle.

Total Jump the shark moment

12. Guy Gardener

Well in First Wave, the star goes to sleep and wakes up 5 years later after the invasion succeeded... Seaquest DSV, time dilation means that return from a space adventure 20 years later, meanwhile there's 20 years inbetween Battlestar Galactica TOS seasons 1 and 2... A couple years back we skipped 200 years of Doctor Who's personal history...One Tree Hill and Desperate Housewives both jumped forward 10 years between seasons to make up for the fact that the previous 5 (real) years of story telling had been set over the course of a copuple (TV) months.

Aliens 4. 200 years later, a clone of Riply is kicking ass. :)

Just imagine if next year on the CW, Gil Gerard is staring in new show called Buck Rogers in the 30th Century.

13. trevanian

trevanian Rear Admiral

It's a good thing we now have TVs that are widescreen, because his dimensions kept expanding in the horizontal.

I've got a piece on HOLLOW's VFX and cinematography up at:
    http://www.icgmagazine.com/wordpress/2013/09/20/crane-shot/

14. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

Last I saw, he'd actually taken off the weight.

15. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

Seaquest takes place 10 years later.

16. Forbin

Forbin Admiral Admiral

"Crane Shot." :rommie:

17. dansigal

dansigal Captain Captain

They are certainly going to have to be careful with idioms and phrases we don't think twice about. They did a good job of Crane saying eidetic memory, but then Abbie says, "you have photographic memory" and he let's that pass. Obviously not a big deal on this occasion, he's probably used to hearing terms he doesn't know, so wouldn't be commenting on every single one, but just an example of things they'll have to watch out for.

18. Christopher

^Well, the more the series goes on, the more time Crane will have to bring himself up to date. Heck, he's already learning -- he knows what television and donut holes are, for instance.

Besides, Crane has a traditional English education, so presumably he's studied Latin and Greek. Thus he could easily recognize "photographic" as being Greek for "drawn with light." And that would let him deduce that she was talking about something similar to the "television" which projected realistic, detailed images nearly indistinguishable from life. And in context, it was clear that Abbie was using "photographic memory" as an equivalent for "eidetic memory," meaning an exceptionally accurate and detailed memory for visual images. So he would probably have been able to piece together the gist of what she meant even if he hadn't heard the word before.

19. Guy Gardener

I was about to say that speaking Latin probably helped, but you beat me to it.

Light- fine instrument for painting.

20. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral