Hannibal (TV series)

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by DevilEyes, May 22, 2013.

1. Pingfah

Pingfah Fleet Admiral Admiral

Superb ending to the season. Can't wait to see what happens next year!

Really love the visual style of this show, one of the prettiest shows around.

2. Borgminister

Borgminister Admiral Moderator

I'll stick with it, although GET A SECOND OPINION just screamed out after the brain scan storyline... seems a real weak link in the progression to me.

3. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

I let the second opinion thing pass considering Will's mental condition at the time and how much trust he put in Hannibal.

4. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

Finally caught up with the show this weekend. (Yes, I know I'm late to the party.) Nicely creepy. I'm looking forward to the next season.

5. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

Anyone else hope the season one dvds will be uncut?

6. Sto-Vo-Kory

Sto-Vo-Kory Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Uncut and including the missing episode is my hope.

7. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

The "missing" episode is great in terms of advancing Abigail's story. The case of the week is rather underwhelming, and to top it off, probably one of the least gruesome episodes of Hannibal.

8. Aragorn

Anyone still watching?

That last episode had the most disturbing opening yet. :eek:

Also, is that the first time in TV history that someone jumped off a cliff into the water and DIDN'T clear the rocks?

9. Saga

Saga Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

i'm still watching. and yes, that opening was pretty painful. i'm not squeamish when it comes to tv shows or movies...but that was pretty harsh.

10. Shanndee

Shanndee Commodore Commodore

Will someone please tell me if I missed anything? My pvr stopped recording at the perfume. Was there anything else??

I'm so glad this show is back! The imagery is visually stunning (and disturbing!) and I love what they are doing with the characters.

11. Aragorn

Du Maurier went to visit Will and quietly told him (so that Chilton's recording setup wouldn't pick it up) that she believes him.

12. Shanndee

Shanndee Commodore Commodore

Oh, thank you!

I'll have to track that down when it streams on demand.

13. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

I loved it when Hannibal was looking down on all those dead bodies and saw the killer and said "Love your work". :lol: As disturbing and uncomfortable as the teaser was the scenes with Hannibal cutting up the dude's leg and cooking and eating it were worse.

14. Tosk

Tosk Admiral Admiral

Yeah, I couldn't help but laugh at that. (Not in a mocking way.) It's such an overdone escape cliché, it was nice to see it turned on its head for once.

15. Borgminister

Borgminister Admiral Moderator

Hannibal, the anti-Dexter. I've changed my mind: Outstanding show. Too bad noone's watching... :(

16. JacksonArcher

JacksonArcher Vice Admiral Admiral

It's a great show. I'm loving season 2 so far. They keep on one-upping themselves with the openings. The opening for 2.01 was incredible but the opening for 2.02 was some of the most disturbing, grotesque stuff I've seen on TV. How is this show on NBC?!

I haven't checked the ratings so far for season 2 but I'm hoping they improve from last season. I know NBC has been promoting this show to death, so if the ratings aren't there it's not because of a lack of marketing. I think a reason why NBC greenlit the show for a second season is because it gets its financing elsewhere. From what I remember, NBC doesn't pay anything to actually produce the show - an international company does - which is why the show doesn't cost much for the network.

I hope, ratings or not, that it continues past season 2 and beyond. If you've heard Bryan Fuller's plan for the entire show (which includes a seven-season run) then you'll want to make sure the show lasts for a while.

17. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

They need Anthony Hopkins to do an Ad.

"I had no idea I used to be so Gorgeous!"

Or...

"This is so good, I really don't mind that I'm not in it."

18. Serial thread killer

Serial thread killer Vice Admiral Premium Member

Any chance that a cable channel could pick it up?

19. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

Ouch, I missed the opening..glad I have On Demand...

20. JacksonArcher

JacksonArcher Vice Admiral Admiral

Possibly. There's always Netflix, too. It does sound like NBC loves the show. Mediocre ratings or not. It's getting amazing reviews.