Collectibles stuffs

Discussion in 'Star Trek - The Original & Animated Series' started by jeremiah_jux, May 26, 2009.

1. jeremiah_jux

jeremiah_jux Ensign Newbie

Hi everyone! I'm a new fan of Star Trek and I love the new movie and recently got into TOS. I'm looking for TOS and STXI collectibles. Anything from figures to books to posters. I was wondering if you guys know of any cool ones to look into. (Preferably cheap ones too! :lol:)

2. Kirk1980

Kirk1980 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Books.

Definitely the original Pocket books.

Check Amazon Marketplace, just about ALL of them are a penny a piece.

3. Garrovick

Garrovick Guest

Just get stuff you like. A lot of stuff floating around on e-bay.

4. jeremiah_jux

jeremiah_jux Ensign Newbie

Of course I'll get things I like but I'm also looking for cool things you can find easily. I'm not much of an online shopper that's why. :confused:

Like where would you find the TOS minimates? Those are tight!:eek:

5. Trekarama

Trekarama Lieutenant Red Shirt

Entertainment Earth has a large selection online. I'm not sure about where to find them locally unless you try a comic book specialty store near where you live. I know that I have seen them at my local comic shops here in Indianapolis, IN.

Good Luck!:techman:

6. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

A lot of stores don't carry Trek merchandise because, to be honest, there wasn't much demand for it until recently. You may want to try Comic shops but I've found Classic (ie not nuTrek based) Trek stuff recently at FYE, Spencer Gifts, and Toys R Us.

7. barnaclelapse

barnaclelapse Commodore Commodore

My mother actually got me the bridge set with crew that Playmates put out some fifteen years ago. I had the set as a kid, but, being a kid, opened the box, played with the toys and so on.

I have no idea how much the set is actually worth.

8. Too Much Fun

Too Much Fun Commodore Commodore

Now is a good time to start collecting figures of the original "Star Trek" characters, because in the next few months Diamond Select Toys is releasing the best Spock and Kirk figures they've ever done, in my opinion.

I've delayed buying these characters for a long time even though they're obviously some of the first ones any Star Trek fan would want because I'm really picky about realism (I want figures that actually look a lot like the actors they're based on) and up till this point I've thought most of the Kirk and Spock figures looked pretty generic in the face. The McCoy that's been around since 2003 (and was recently re-released) on the other hand, looks perfect.

Check out the new Kirk coming out at the end of August and the new Spock coming out at the end of October...aren't they fantastic?

9. felyxz

felyxz Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

I know you said you are not much into online shopping, but like everyone said the best way for you to find Star Trek minimates is online. You might get lucky with a comic store but you won't find the rare minimates.

Here is a store I go to and they are actually having a sell on some Star Trek minimates.

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/search.aspx?search=star+trek+minimates

10. Bri

Bri Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Yeah, very nice. :techman: The only figure I own is a Mirror Spock from several years back. Might have to pick those 2 up.

Bri :rommie: