Kirk vs. Borg

Discussion in 'Star Trek - The Original & Animated Series' started by Unicron, Dec 9, 2012.

1. Unicron

Unicron Boss Monster Mod Moderator

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1jMuuACp7k[/yt]

I guess phasers work better than a traditional logic bomb :D

2. 47

47 Vice Admiral Admiral

Jim Kirk, you're The Man!

3. Duncan MacLeod

Duncan MacLeod Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

23rd century blue phasers are far more powerful than those orange-yellow things they use in the 24th century. ;)

4. anh165

anh165 Commander Red Shirt

Hmmm I dunno, some TNG/VOY fanboys have a belief and even posted fanmade footage of something mere like a little Delta Flyer owning the 23rd Century Enterprise. :)

5. T'Girl

T'Girl Vice Admiral Admiral

If you think about it, the delta flyer should be able to defeat a over century old cruiser.

:)

6. anh165

Yes, imagine that - why bother send a cube back in time when a delta flyer will do?

Voyager fanwankery at its best.

:lol:

7. Longinus

Longinus Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Indeed. Sounds completely plausible to me.

But not if Kirk commands that century old cruiser. He will just somehow cheat his way to the victory, regarless the odds.

8. anh165

Bollox. :rofl:

People are assuming 100 years advancement between the 23rd to 24th century is the same as 19th to 20th century.

Also bearing in mind that TNG era shuttles are never deemed as threatening or capable of destruction to planets where as an old cruiser is.

9. Longinus

Longinus Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I am not terribly familiar with Voyager, but isn't Delta Flyer a more of a fighter craft than a shuttle? Fighters are not meant to bomb planets but to attack ships. But I concede that I am not knowlwegeable enough about this particular space craft to make an informed analysis.

And while the rate of technological advancement certainly is not nearly the same as it was from 19th to 20th century, I indeed still assume that 24th century technology to be much more powerful than 23th century tech.

10. TREK_GOD_1

TREK_GOD_1 Vice Admiral Admiral

Agreed.

Well said; defenders of Berman-period anything often make this mistake, but forget what TOS Constitution ships are capable of:

--"Bread and Circuses"

No TNG era shuttle is going to pose a danger to a vessel with the capacity to destroy a planet's surface.

11. Redfern

Redfern Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Whether or not the Grey Lady has the capability to blast a Borg cube (who's stronger; Superman or Mighty Mouse?), one should acknowlegde the clever editing of the sequence. The dialog in "Corbomite..." works so well to describe a borg vessel.

Sincerely,

Bill

12. Gov Kodos

Gov Kodos Admiral Admiral

Gov Kodos on Mohammed's Radio, WZVN Boston
    Of course Kirk and Co win, it's what they do.