Smallville: 10x08 "Abandoned" - Discussion and Spoilers

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Trekker4747, Nov 11, 2010.

?

Grade the episode:

1. Supermam! (Excellent)

9 vote(s)
    40.9%
  2. The Blur (Good)

6 vote(s)
    27.3%
  3. Clark Kent (Average)

4 vote(s)
    18.2%
  4. Kal (Bad)

1 vote(s)
    4.5%
  5. Supermope (Terrible)

2 vote(s)
    9.1%
  1. DarthPipes

DarthPipes Vice Admiral Admiral

And get another "glorious" five-second fight. ;)

2. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

I'm still waiting for Sarah Douglas (Ursa from the first two Christopher Reeve movies).

Good episode, though. Maybe one two many soppy speeches, but they did a really good job of capturing the essence of Granny Goodness and the Furies. If anything, I think the Smallville Granny is even creepier than the original Kirby version.

3. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

You give them too much credit. Clark will superspeed in and sucker punch doomsday.

Doomsday- Looks like doomsday's blasting off again!!!!!!!!!!!

4. Othello

Othello Commodore Commodore

Was it ever really stated that Lex and Tess got it on or is that just an assumption? My recollection is they never really came out and said they got together in anything other than business.

5. Obiwanshinobi

Obiwanshinobi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Do you guys know if there are rumblings of Kristen Kreuk making a final appearance this season?

6. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm the one who had the theory that Lex and Tess were lovers....come on people! My main theory aside from that was that she was a Female Fury and that is why Granny visited her in her hospital room last season. I like Guy's suggestion from last night that Tess is a version of Scott Free, last night escaping from her room must have triggered that eh Guy? Another possibility that I thought of was that Tess is Smallville's version of Barda.

I really enjoyed the Fortress of Solitude scene, and the holographic message of Jor-El and Lara (Helen Slater was particularly beautiful in that scene I thought). We finally get an explanation of simulcrum Jor-El's behavior towards Clark over these years, the real Jor-El purged all emotion from the program which makes sense. I thought the Teri Hatcher video was interesting, I understand why now they felt they needed Lois to view that tape. It looked like Teri recorded it from Susan's house though lol.

7. Nowhere Man

Nowhere Man Commodore

It's cause it's the last season, ha, ha.(Stewie Griffin voice) It's too late now, ha ha.:lol:

8. KeepOnTrekking

KeepOnTrekking Commodore Commodore

Yeah, it's too bad about this season being advertised as the last one. They're actually getting into some character development finally after boring me to death for the past 4-5 years. Some times the season finale/openers started getting so sketchy that it was getting hard to keep up with the storyline points if you blinked or missed an episode at the wrong time. I've been watching mainly to see how long they could stretch out Clark from wearing the cape. I'm actually getting back into looking forward each week to see the next episode again. I guess I'll have to enjoy it while it lasts.

9. Admiral_Young

Really? I've skipped entire half seasons before and still been able to follow what's going on.

10. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

So now she's a blend of Miss Tessmacher, Mercy Graves and Lena Luthor.

Oh, and here's what Desaad needs...

[​IMG]

11. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

Um...from what I understand she doesn't want to...even though Brian & Kelly say the door is open. :rolleyes: :lol:

12. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

It's not like the REAL WORLD remembers her on Smallville or knows who she is or is watching Smallville.

Unless she's holding out for another Streetfighter movie and needs to wait by the phone?

Gods.

With who did she have the bad break up and failed love affair with?

As long as she's still living off Smallville residuals (Edgewater? Meh?) why does she have to be so reticent about a walkon in one of the final episodes unless one of her exlovers she doesn't want to deal with is still working on set?

10 bucks says it was a fucking boom operator.

13. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

Don't blame Kristin...they(writers) totally destroyed her character...I don't blame KK for not wanting to come back. I wish she would though. :(

14. Admiral_Young

Yep I've never blamed Kristin (although lots of people do and have blamed her acting) for Lana. The writers continually screwed her up so bad that it must have been frustrating for her. She just got tired and chose to leave, I don't blame her one bit. I also blame Justin Marks for a weak "Street Fighter" script, it wasn't good at all. I read the first ten pages and couldn't finish it.

The door has been open for both Kristin and Michael to return if they want. The ball has always been in Mike's court.

15. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

http://www.kryptonsite.com/news.htm
    2.89 M

I thought it would have broken 3 M...still good.

16. Admiral_Young

Yeah I saw that on Louis Febre's facebook status this morning. Good numbers for the show.

17. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Sweedish Rounding?

18. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

What!? :eek:

I really don't want Tess to become bad and be a Female Fury...but it may happen. :(

19. Admiral_Young

^ That's been my theory since "Salvation" Jet.

20. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

^
    Well if I could switch things up a little I would have had Brainiac 5 confront Tess in "Homecoming" and switched it off and that is why she is starting to remember stuff...and then she fight the good fight against Granny & Darkseid. :sigh: