Sigils and Unions: Catacombs of Oralius "Better a Soul than a Kingdom"

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Nerys Ghemor, Apr 26, 2009.

1. Nerys Ghemor

Nerys Ghemor Vice Admiral Admiral

OK, before I post this...please note I DID NOT HAVE A REFERENCE WHEN DRAWING THIS. I was at a hotel with no Internet access and had to do this completely by memory. Therefore the resemblance will not be perfect. I can see the problems and I'm aware of it.

However, I thought this would give you an idea of the dress and demeanor of my alternate version of Skrain Dukat. He comes from a universe where Cardassian and Bajoran roles have been reversed, and the worlds of Cardassia have been occupied. The Cardassians, in this universe, are largely believers in the Oralian Way; the Cardassian Union as we know it never came about. The Bajorans are largely Pah-Wraith worshippers and see it as their religious duty to conquer the Cardassians both physically and in soul.

Skrain Dukat has been through absolute hell. Yet he's made much better choices than the canon Dukat: his faith centers him in a way the canon Dukat never was. He's one of the primary leaders of the Cardassian Resistance.

If you'd like to read his stories, I'd be pleased to direct you to them.

Anyway...like I said, THIS IS NOT PERFECT BY ANY MEANS. It's NOT what I could've done if I had a reference available. But as a guide to his clothing, style, and demeanor...I think it works.

[​IMG]

2. BolianAuthor

BolianAuthor Writer, Battlestar Urantia Rear Admiral

Re: Sigils and Unions: Catacombs of Oralius "Better a Soul than a King

Dude... that's pretty awesome!

3. Nerys Ghemor

Thanks...glad you like. :)

He's wearing desert robes here...something I imagine the nomads in areas that were desert before the cataclysm might have worn. I imagine this as taking place during a Resistance battle.

4. Thor Damar

Thor Damar Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Thor Damar, God of thunder and monologue..

I like this, it really captures the essence of the alt Dukat. The neck in particular is spot on. (and what more could be important when drawing a Cardassian;))

5. Nerys Ghemor

Ha! That feature was the easiest for me to remember, when it comes to Dukat. ;)

His eye ridges are also pretty easy to remember...they have a very distinct way of "angling" whereas some Cardassians really have a very rounded structure to the hooked sections.

But the rest...I can definitely see where I goofed the nose and jaw areas. Oh well. I figure Cardassians use ridging as a main identifier. ;)

BTW--if you can ignore the creepy context of the episode this came out of, and just imagine the expression is for a GOOD reason and not an instance of not understanding that no means no...I could SO see this expression on my AU Dukat. (I found this while working on my avatar contest submission for this week, and boy did it catch me off guard. That is so NOT a usual Dukat face...)

http://ds9.trekcore.com/gallery/albums/4x14/returngrace_069.jpg