MLP:FiM S4E12 - "Pinkie Pride" - Grading & Discussion

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Amaris, Jan 31, 2014.

?

Episode Grade

Poll closed Feb 7, 2014.
  1. A

70.0%
  2. B

20.0%
  3. C

10.0%
  4. D

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. F

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Amaris

Amaris Fleet Admiral Admiral

Episode Title: "Pinkie Pride"
    Air Date: Feb. 1st, 2014

Summary: "An elated Pinkie Pie is planning the biggest and best “birth-iversary” party ever for Rainbow Dash, but when another party planning pony named Cheese Sandwich rides into town, plans change. Soon, everypony is so excited about Cheese Sandwich’s party that they forget about Pinkie Pie, but her pride won’t let her go down without an official 'goof off'."

Live Streams:
    BronyState Theaters
    Brony Network
    Xyro HD Stream
    Worlds of Equestria

REMEMBER: DO NOT POST SPOILERS UNTIL AFTER 1:00 PM EST (6 PM UTC/GMT)

=-

ZOMC! This is the episode with "Weird Al" Yankovic! It is going to be SO AWESOME! *squee* *squee*
    Seriously, I have been looking forward to this episode since I first heard about it several weeks back. There have been some images and such shown on Facebook, but I have cleverly avoided them by squeezing my eyes shut and scrolling madly. Come on, episode!

2. Peach Wookiee

Peach Wookiee Cuddly Mod of Doom Moderator

I'm looking forward to it too!!!

3. Taylirious

Taylirious Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

This will be...The. Best. Episode. EVER!!! :D

4. Gepard

Gepard Vice Admiral Admiral

Pinkie Pride on Google Play Already (Update Also on Hasbro's Youtube Channel)

I'm just sayin'..... :shifty:

5. Amaris

*covers ears* LALALALALALALALALALALAAAA!

*runs out of room*

6. DarkHorizon

DarkHorizon Captain Captain

I just hope this isn't going to be too much of a "guest star overshadows the regular cast" episode, and we get some decent character work for Pinkie Pie.

7. Amaris

I don't know how it will work out. Weird Al has a really strong personality. I'm hoping everything will mesh. All I know is that I'm very excited! :D

(Also, I love the avatar!)

8. Peach Wookiee

The commercials seem to indicate it will work out.

9. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

Oh wow, way to ditch your best friend for a manic stranger guys...especially little miss loyalty doing that for a third time in as many episodes.

Wow.

10. Peach Wookiee

A, BUCK YEAH!!!

11. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

C

Everything with Pinkie felt like good old season 1 and I loved that. We got more Derpy and even Mjolna returned in the flashback, the final song and party are great, evoked a lot of the good old days of pony.

But Rainbow Dash ditching her friends for a third time in as many episodes felt very off, the mane6 doing the same was bad, and Weird Al as much as I may like his own work, really colosally miss-fired for me in this episode. He was shoe-horned in so badly, took over the whole damn episode, created so much hype, etc that it just ruined the episode for me.

Really wish they hadn't done this.

12. Peach Wookiee

I thought it was brilliant.
    And Dash hasn't abandoned her friends. Her element in one episode has certainly been in conflict with her desires and that is a long-term thing, Chem. She's wanted to be a Wonderbolt, but now... she's realizing that dream may not work in the long run. The shine is wearing off the Wonderbolts. Further, if the girls were in real danger from Discord in "Three's a Crowd," would Dash have been there? Buck yeah!
    Finally... Today was a case of simply being enthralled. And friends are occasionally thoughtless.

13. Amaris

I loved it! It gets an 'A' from me!

Rainbow Dash didn't abandon Pinkie, but she did get swept up in Cheese Sanswhich's hype, which can happen. When the time came where Pinkie thought she had to leave, Rainbow and the others were right there to tell her how much they needed her, and that they didn't want her to leave. One can be loyal and still get enamored by the new and exciting. It's what happens when the chips are down, that's when loyalty is tested.

14. SeerSGB

SeerSGB Admiral Admiral

Not the best of the season, still it is a solid B / A-. Fun episode, very Season 1 in feel.

15. Amaris

Did you guys see this? Did you see where Derpy was drinking from a chocolate fountain? Did you see it?!

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QX1T5BbpDhk&feature=youtu.be[/yt]

*SQUEE* LOOK HOW CUTE SHE IS! IT IS THE CUTEST THING EVAR!

16. Peach Wookiee

It's incredibly cute, J! :D They're really adding in our favorite backgrounders... and even some to surprise us... or did no one else see Flash last episode? :D

17. Amaris

Yeah, I saw Flash Sentry. I wonder if they're going to do something with his character, or whether it was just a nod to the movie? This was probably animated around the time the movie was out.

18. Peach Wookiee

Probably a nod. He kind of took a bow before he got back in Cadance's train.

19. Amaris

I'm not sure of how other fans feel, but I like Flash Sentry. :)

20. Gepard

Gepard Vice Admiral Admiral

I will never understand some of you guys. :lol: It's been straight A's all season in these threads, even for the shitty episodes, and now, suddenly, it's not, even though this was cetainly no worse than anything else this season. Mooooving on....

Anyway, it worked for me. There was some emotion with this one. Cheese's secret at the end was very touching.

Also good: Ponyville finally felt like a real, thriving town again for the first time this season. Really good and effective songs, too.

Plus the live action shots? WHAT THE FUCK (IN A GOOD WAY.)

The not-so-good: too much modern technology again at the party. More human poses and hoof-hands. Sigh. I guess that's something I'll have to learn to live with.

The great: DERPY! And adorable filly Derpy!

It's been a long, long time since FiM made me feel anything, as this season's been slowly going downhill for me, but I got choked up several times this week. Pinkie's heartache was palpable.

Great job, A episode, Amy Keating Rogers for head writer please.