What is your favorite series and why?

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by jpch, Dec 28, 2012.

?

What is your favorite all time series? and why?

1. Star Trek : The Original Series TOS

31 vote(s)
    34.8%
  2. Star Trek : The Next generation TNG

20 vote(s)
    22.5%
  3. Star Trek : Deep Space Nine DS9

37 vote(s)
    41.6%
  4. Star Trek : Voyager VOY

5 vote(s)
    5.6%
  5. Star Trek Enterprise Ent

6 vote(s)
    6.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Brolan

Brolan Commodore Commodore

TOS. Kirk, Spock, and Bones. What else is there to say?

2. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

Scotty. ;)

3. Herkimer Jitty

Herkimer Jitty Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

TNG

It's the stuff of my childhood, so I can't see it with anything but a rose-tinted VISOR. Lotta good memories of bonding with my pops over Next Gen episodes. As an adult, it's sort of a comfort food to me. The mac n' cheese of television, if you will.

4. Galileo7

Galileo7 Commodore Commodore

Agree, TOS.:vulcan:

My boyhood in the '70s was enhanced by TOS in reruns weekdays, TAS first-run on Saturday mornings and ultimately TMP on December 7, 1979.

5. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

I can see that. That's how I feel about TOS. My dad introduced me to the show way back in the sixties. I still remember watching "Arena" and "The Mantrap" and the rest with him . . . .

6. Nerys Myk

My Dad didn't like Star Trek.:(

7. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

For me it's a tie between DS9, VOY, ENT and TOS.

:lol:

Seriously I love all of those for different reasons. I have the most fun with VOY though.

8. Greg Cox

If it's any consolation, I'm not sure my mom even realizes that STAR TREK and STAR WARS are two different things . . . and she actually thought SMALLVILLE was a show about midgets. Really!

9. jpch

jpch Commander Red Shirt

Delta Quadrant Borg Queen appartement 8472
    Vote only for Voyager ::devil:

10. jpch

jpch Commander Red Shirt

I remember the first Star Trek i watched was a VCD of Wrath of Khan that my dad bought (he is a huge TOS fan) it was then that i fell in love with Star Trek. but TOS was too much for me,i barely watched a few episodes of the series, it was too far from my time.

1- VOYAGER
    2-DS9 (some episodes are horrible)
    3- ENt (Not great but fun)
    4- TOS
    5- TNG (The most boring,too much talking,too much nonsense in the Holodeck,the only series that was nerdy ughh i only like a few episodes)

11. teacake

I shouldn't but :guffaw:

My oldest friend has no idea what Star Trek or Star Wars are.. any time she is at my house and happens to notice all the dvd sets she goes.. "Whaaaa...? What is all this?" And when I tell her she says, "Why is there so much of it, I thought it was a movie?!" I've had that conversation with her about 20 times. She has no understanding of fantasy worlds, it's all a mystery to her.

12. Greg Cox

I was shocked to find out that our (elderly) next-door neighbors had no idea who Yoda was.

I mean, I like to think I have a sense of perspective here. I don't assume that everyone has an encyclopedic knowledge of genre stuff. I wouldn't assume that the average person knows who Aeryn Sun or Julian Bashir or even Boba Fett is.

But Yoda? I thought he was as mainstream as Mickey Mouse!

(And, yeah, I still remember the grade-school principal who introduced me as a "bestselling STAR WARS author." I didn't have the heart to correct him.)

13. teacake

My friend would have no idea who Yoda was.

And sadly she raised her kids that way. When Harry Potter was huge her kids had no interest in it because it was "stupid" even though they were the age when all their peers were Potter mad. My friend has seen one movie that has sci fi in it, Men in Black. She told me afterward that she could not understand anything about it, "there were these things called aliens.. it made NO sense."

I don't tell her when I go to cons because it would take half an hour to explain at the end of which she would be baffled.

14. Tora Ziyal

Tora Ziyal Vice Admiral Admiral

TNG was the first Trek I watched and is still my favorite. I love how positive it is, even when that's a bit unrealistic. And I love some of the characters. DS9 is second. In some ways it's more interesting and better written than TNG, but on rewatch I lost interest in the war. TOS and Enterprise are tied for third/fourth. (I've watched only a couple episodes of Voyager.)

15. Nerys Myk

I was visiting my mom once and started watching an episode of TNG. My mom sees Worf and says "If I had a forehead like that, I'd wear bangs." Got the feeling she didn't quite grasp the whole "alien" concept.

16. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

I'm not one to disparage the opinions of others, but isn't there a little dissonace between ranking Voyager #1 and disparaging TNG for nonsense on the holodeck? ;)

17. teacake

I dunno, Worf on a train in a cowboy outfit kind of tops Sandrines.

Or am I remembering this worse than it was?

18. The Mirrorball Man

The Mirrorball Man Vice Admiral Admiral

Respectfully, what you're describing goes a little beyond "having no understanding of fantasy worlds". I know people like that, who can't fathom anything that is not already familiar to them.

19. jpch

jpch Commander Red Shirt

what do you mean?:confused:

20. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Let's see... Fair Haven, Spirit Folk, the Killing Game, Bride of Chaotica, Worst Case Scenario, Real Life, Heroes and Demons, the Thaw and so on.