Zack Snyder will direct SUPERMAN

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by JacksonArcher, Oct 4, 2010.

1. JonnyQuest037

JonnyQuest037 Vice Admiral Admiral

But the basic arc of "Gee, what do I do with all these powers?" is still something that's touched on in the Donner movie and 10 years of Smallville. I doubt that the fact that it's going to be set abroad will make it any more interesting to sit through this time around.

2. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

Are you touting Smallville like it's a good thing? :p

3. JonnyQuest037

4. Out Of My Vulcan Mind

Out Of My Vulcan Mind Vice Admiral Admiral

I can imagine it making it very interesting indeed, but we'll have to see how it turns out, if indeed it's true that's the direction they're taking.

5. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Superman: Earth One seems to spend the first half of it's story exploring that question as well. I think that will always be a question worth using stories to explore.

6. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

Smallville is finally over this season. Thank god!

7. Admiral_Young

Haha. Aside from the dreadful filler episodes and their insistence of holding on to "No Flight, No Tights" along with the incredibly inconsistent and frustrating writing I do think "Smallville" will be remembered for attempting a different take on the mythos. Not every thing about the show has been terrible. They've just made a lot of execution mistakes with their stories.

8. Aragorn

Hey, hater, this show proved that you don't need quality, proper execution and satisfactory payoff to last!

Imagine if Lord of the Rings ended with Frodo punching Gollum once and taking the ring. Or instead of a light saber duel between Darth Vader and Luke Skywalker, Vader just gave him a wedgie and kicked him down the air shaft. All that time you save can go toward music montages and characters pitching products.

9. Obiwanshinobi

Obiwanshinobi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

good freakin lord, why don't they just use the opening title sequence to tell their origin and be done with it. i just watched the social network today and i wouldn't be opposed to somebody like armie hammer playing clark/supes. he certainly does have the voice and heir of confidence about him and with a dye job could have the look too. i'd rather have him than bomer.

10. Too Much Fun

Too Much Fun Commodore Commodore

Yeah, they kind of did that with "Superman II" recapping the first movie with the montage at the beginning and it worked really well. I like the sequel more, so I bought it without buying "Superman" '78 first, and this montage makes it really easy to enjoy the movie without feeling like I'm missing something by not watching that one first.

11. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm just going to hazard a guess that the old rumor about how when Clark moved to Metropolis and donned the costume, that the show would change its name to Metropolis, was never actually true?

12. Admiral_Young

Nope and it continued to fester. The big rumor going into last year's comic con was that a) the showrunners were going to reveal the Superman suit and b) the show would end at the end of last season and then bust out a two hour tv movie called "Metropolis" wrapping up the series. Neither of these happened last year.

13. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

You don't tell Superman's origin because you have to. ;)

14. N-121973

N-121973 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

15. Professor Zoom

Professor Zoom Admiral Admiral

16. Aragorn

Not a chance in hell because they won't want this movie to be associated with Smallville at all.

17. JacksonArcher

JacksonArcher Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm not sure how reliable this is. It's from a tabloid, for starters, with no direct quote saying Snyder will actually consider Routh. He's more along the lines admitting there's some fan interest in seeing him reprise the role.

Also, that article has some inaccurate information to boot: It says Snyder will start work on the film after he completes his publicity tour for Legend of the Guardians, but in actuality won't commence work on the film until he finishes post-production on Sucker Punch, his next film.

18. JoeZhang

JoeZhang Vice Admiral Admiral

It's an article in the News of the Screws - worth wrapping up your fish and chips in but that's about it.

19. JonnyQuest037

It's tough for me to imagine Welling being that interested, either. Most people want to move on to something different after playing the same role for 10 years.

20. AviTrek

AviTrek Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Well given that after 10 years Welling has yet to play Superman, it would be a different roll.