How I Met Your Mother: Barney and... (Spoilers ahead...)

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Agent Richard07, Apr 30, 2008.

1. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Fleet Admiral Admiral

I fully expect that to happen. And it will be Lori Loughlin, a CGI Lori Loughlin.

Or SMG.

2. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

Well, you can just imagine the kids go "Oh come on Dad, what happened next?"

Maybe they change the title to "How I Married Your Mother".

3. Kirby

Kirby Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Have they already given the go-ahead to another season? I have mixed feelings about that.

4. tighr

tighr Commodore Commodore

See! My idea is catching on.

It's the perfect cameo.

I wonder if we'll ever see Future Ted as played by Bob Saget. They showed us Future Robin, Future Lily, and Future Marshall all played by themselves, so probably not.

Also, the episode with Mike Tyson showed Future Lily and Future Robin "18 Years in the future" which is contemporary with the time Future Ted is telling the story to his kids.

5. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

I bet all the characters exist in (future Ted's) reality. I bet they throw us a curve and when "future Robin" comes in you have her played by a different actress, and future Barney is a fat guy or something. Then we reveal that future Ted is just Bob Saget, showing that when telling the story, Ted was creating idealistic versions of his friends and himself.

6. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

It's official that there's another season and it's the final one.

7. ryan123450

ryan123450 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

And the creators have said in an interview that you will never be able to watch a season 9 episode and confuse it with any other season. I'm finally putting my money on meeting the mother before the end of the show now.

8. the G-man

the G-man Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

That or they'll be dubbing in Bob Saget's voice every time Ted opens his mouth. ;)

9. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

I think there's going to be a fire that burns away Young Ted's hair and burns his lungs too so that when he next speaks it's with Old Ted's voice. :p

10. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Fleet Admiral Admiral

Funny because I think Saget's voice has a slightly higher timbre than Radnor's.

11. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

That was a Futurama reference ;)

12. FPAlpha

FPAlpha Vice Admiral Premium Member

While the last Roseanne season was pure crap (that's what you get when you give in to the overblown ego of the main star) the finale and the revelation that Dan didn't make it through his heart attack was both very sad and shocking but kind of fitting with the show about a working class family that can't catch a break (they were at least in the early seasons).

I felt really sad knowing that Dan, my favorite character of the show, died :(

Oh please don't do a Voyager ending.. it was a bad idea back then and it's just a bad idea now.

As much steam as the show has lost i'm glad they'll be doing a final wrap up season with Ted getting to know the Mother and seeing exactly why she's such a perfect fit for Ted (and the hints throughout the season paint her as a very cool girl with just the right amount of crazy to keep it from getting boring).

I really like to see some scenes set 20-30 years into the future with glimpses of all the character's futures.. Marshall and Robin living their happy family life raising Marvin, Barney and Robin enjoying their childless, high power couple life (with the option to enjoy some family life when they take care of Marvin and Ted's kids when they feel like it) and Ted finally coming to rest when he gets his biggest wish fulfilled.

13. the G-man

the G-man Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Interestingly enough, at one point, that's exactly the ending Jason Segel was pushing for.

Of course, it's hard to tell how serious he was, given his other finale idea.

14. ryan123450

Wow that would be...odd.

15. shivkala

shivkala Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

What if the mother is like Howard's Mother, Wilson, Maris, etc. where we hear, but never fully see her? Now that'd be a real kick in the teeth, as well.

16. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

I've imagined a post-apocalyptic future scenario too.

17. ryan123450

Goodbye red boots! We'll miss you!

I laughed hysterically at the skittles. Everyone's reaction, especially Marshall's, was perfect.

18. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

That episode was firing on all cylinders. Funny and quick-witted all the way through.

19. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Oh I missed that, did they show the demise of the red boots?

20. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

The Skittles bit WAS pretty funny.

And yes, the red boots finally met their demise.