Iron Man/Hulk New Marvel DTV

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Admiral_Young, Oct 4, 2012.

1. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

2. od0_ital

od0_ital Admiral Admiral

Makes sense from the live action continuity, goin' by the relationship Stark forged with Banner in The Avengers...but that would go against the continuity with the other animated filks, wouldn't it?

3. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

The previous animated DVD films from Marvel have generally not shared a common continuity, except for the two Ultimates movies. (In fact, the Hulk vs. DVD contained two stories that weren't even in continuity with each other, since the Wolverine one was in the same universe as Wolverine and the X-Men and Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes, while the Thor one contradicted A:EMH's version of Thor and Asgard.) Nor are they bound by the movies' continuity. Generally each movie can reinvent the continuity however its creators see fit.

4. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm curious for this.
    Marvel animation should look to start developing some shared universe stories. Be it DDVD or tied into the shows they are launching to run on Disney it would be cool to see.

Those stills look pretty plain but it's also likely work in progress.

5. TemporalFlux

TemporalFlux Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

All of the previous animated features were from Lionsgate, but their contract was only for 8 films (the 8th and final film being "Thor: Tales of Asgard" in 2011). This new film is likely direct from Marvel Animation under the guidance of Jeph Loeb who specifically focuses on skewing to younger audiences (see Ultimate Spider-man).

The seeming shallow premise of this new Hulk / Iron Man film would alone make me suspect, but knowing the likely producers turns me off.

6. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

The wait is over. Trailers for both Iron Man/Hulk: Heroes United and Iron Man: Rise of Technovore unveiled at NYCC.

Iron Man/Hulk doesn't really look all that appealing. Technovore seems interesting.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2012
  7. Shazam!

Shazam! Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Looks like a screaming bag of shit.

8. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah. I have to say that I'm really disinterested in this. I didn't even view the entire trailer. It just looks bad.

9. USS Mariner

USS Mariner Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

To paraphrase Mr. Antweiler, Jeph Loeb roughly translates to "RUN! GO! WHILE YOU STILL CAN!"