Agents of SHIELD. Season 1 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Trekker4747, Sep 25, 2013.

1. bbjeg

bbjeg Admiral Admiral

I agree.

I posed it as a theory (hence the use of the word may). Coulson obviously has his reasons, otherwise he wouldn't keep his death a secret.

We know Fury doesn't like to throw away his toys. He could have "shut it down" by giving it a skeleton security that would only respond to a certain call sign to be utilized when needed (like we've seen, so that would mean they shot SHIELD agents). That would explain how Hydra didn't know about it and how Coulson could have been the head of the department prior to its "closing", and then that memory was erased.

Last edited: May 1, 2014
  2. Mister Fandango

Mister Fandango Fleet Captain

The best part is that means that, most likely, Coulson murdered his own men.

3. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

As pointed out, while Coulson led the team into the facility, Garrett and Ward did the killing.

4. bbjeg

bbjeg Admiral Admiral

^Pointed out by me.

5. Mister Fandango

Under his leadership. It doesn't matter one iota who pulled the trigger. Their deaths are his responsibility. 100%. Especially since he could have easily have had them go in with icers instead of standard firearms.

Sorry, no backpeddling out of this one, kiddos.

6. Yminale

Yminale Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

More proof that Coulson is a member of HYDRA. Hail HYDRA!!

Just kidding. I think there is more to the story which will probably covered in season 2.

7. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Coulson didn't have the code word. Their deaths were inevitable as night and day.

When Ward was tricking those two dimbulbs into opening the door to the fridge, those two dead fucks deserve posthumous charges of treasonous idiocy.

If you do shit before you hear the code word, you might as well be the enemy.

8. bbjeg

bbjeg Admiral Admiral

Isn't Garrett the same level as Coulson? Wouldn't they share equal amounts of guilt?

9. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

Garrett and Ward had their own agenda in going to the Guest House.

10. Mister Fandango

Coulson was leading the team on that particular mission, and he was eager to go in there with guns blazing. No one forced him to do it, and he didn't stop anyone else from going hot.

11. Guy Gardener

Coulsen was shooting almost certainly S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents and that makes him sad.

Garret was shooting almost certainly S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents and that makes him erect.

Can you spot the difference?

12. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

^I had a reply in mind but yours is so much more eloquent and to the point.

13. Morpheus 02

Morpheus 02 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Depends on who hired them, and for what ends. They didn't recognize Coulson, so they weren't connected with his leadership. Different than Ward & Garrett at the Fridge, where the guards had some issues with them, but recognized them as friendlies...just friendlies breaking protocol.

unfortunately, they made the wrong exception to protocol.

14. bbjeg

bbjeg Admiral Admiral

^One of the guards did recognize Coulson before he died.

It was Garrett's call to blow the doors. Now that I think of it, I wouldn't be surprised if Coulson suggested night-night weapons and Garrett declined. Have we ever seen that type of weaponry in Coulson's arsenal. It seems Garrett pulled those weapons from his locker. I believe it was a joint mission and Garrett is as much to blame as Coulson (at least).

15. Mister Fandango

<rolls his eyes>

Whatever.

16. Morpheus 02

Morpheus 02 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

By the way -- i REALLY like Triplett being a part of the team. he brings a positivity and energy that the team needs right now. It's a different kind of positivity that Skye brings

He's had a few scenes, but brings a light humor that balances out May's seriousness & Fitz' worry.

It'll be interesting if they parallel Garrett/Ward with Coulson/Triplett

17. Guy Gardener

Fitz is being a little bitch.

SHE'S NOT YOURS!

Simmons is fair game, so do something about it or shut the fuck up.

18. Tom Hendricks

Tom Hendricks Vice Admiral Premium Member

I believe that Ward will be found not to be a traitor/Hydra person after all. In fact I believe he is running an operation right now, one that started well before CA:TWS. I believe he was tasked by Fury himself to be a rogue agent, because something was up and Fury couldn't put his finger on it. Where I truly hit a snag is with Hand, is her death real? Even I find it hard to dispute what was shown, but I guess I'm going on a little faith.

I believe the real Hydra operative on the team is Simmons and that everything up to now has been a ruse to have her believe that Ward really went to Hydra. To many things don't add up for me. To make it believable they would have to keep Coulson in the dark, because if he believes it Simmons believes it.

While I will rightly admit this could be just how I want things to turn out and I will probably be totally wrong. This is my prediction based on what has been shown, what other information has been gleamed from other sources.

On a side note, has one show ever had a better turn around? The first several episodes were just downright boring. I was several weeks behind and frankly didn't care. In fact I was kind of writing the show off, about the abandon ship. However a few episodes before the CA:TWS came out, something happen and the show just blossomed. Then it took off like a rocket with the CA:TWS tie-in. It is truly don't miss TV now.

19. The Old Mixer

The Old Mixer Mih ssim, mih ssim, nam, daed si Xim. Moderator

What about killing Koenig? I don't think there's any chance that Ward is just undercover now.

20. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

Yeah, even Hand is more defensible than Koenig. Although, really, both deaths are unnecessary if he's undercover.