2nd Annual Valentine's Day Extravaganza!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Kestra, Feb 3, 2013.

1. thestrangequark

thestrangequark Admiral Admiral

Well, shit.

I've just read my Valentine's and they made me all teary! And they make me wish even more that I'd sent more than one. It's been a bad couple weeks and I've been a wreck, to be honest. I'm afraid I was too wrapped up in my own head to bother with writing my notes, and I was also terrified I'd forget someone! But to those who sent Valentines, thank you. There are people here who've really impacted me, although we've never met, and to think that I could have impacted someone else in the same way is humbling. To those to whom I didn't send my Valentines, I'll let this serve as a reminder to let you know just how much I appreciate you.

Thanks, kestra! And also, thanks for the venting offer...I may take you up on that. ;)

2. Robert Maxwell

Robert Maxwell memelord Premium Member

I'm glad your day has been brightened by Valentine's Day wishes! :)

3. Hunter X

Hunter X Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Thanks for all the work you put into this, Kes. It was a fun surprise this morning. Also, thanks to the flower sender, of course!

4. Kira's Mom

Kira's Mom Fleet Admiral Admiral

Aw, got some flowers via PM. Thanks for setting this up, Kestra! Wish I'd thought of participating!

5. Spot's Meow

Spot's Meow Vice Admiral Admiral

Thanks Kestra! It was fun helping out, seeing the positive messages people wanted to send really made me smile. It's a good start to the day.

And Kestra saying "it's okay if I don't get any." Pft. What planet are you living on girl?! :lol: I couldn't stay up until 2 AM like she did, but I made sure that any messages for her were sent this morning!

6. Emher

Emher Admiral Admiral

Big, big thanks to Kestra for doing all this. Thank you! :)

What is the deal with tears? You get them both when you're sad and happy?! *gets of my Seinfeld horse*

Don't feel bad. I know I forgot at least a few, and I haven't had bothersome stuff going on. Also I'm constantly amazed in the most positive of ways that people I haven't met have such a big part in my life. The true power of the internet.

Also, if needed, I offer my services at venting as well.

Now, thank you to whoever sent the anonymous message to me! It's lovely! :adore: I'm feeling halfway between really appreciative and being OCD trying to figure out who sent it :lol: No pressure though, I really do like it, I'm just a little crazy ;)

7. thestrangequark

^Unfortunately, tears are the way I seem to express every emotion! Thanks, too. :)

Yeah, the anonymous ones have me guessing, too, so you're not the only one who's a little crazy.

8. Emher

Emher Admiral Admiral

I'm sorry, but I'm imagining a hilarious montage of you going trough a range of emotions, all while bawling your eyes out. That shouldn't amuse me, but it does :lol: As said, I'm a bit crazy.

9. rhubarbodendron

rhubarbodendron Vice Admiral Admiral

I got my very first Valentine greetings ever! =) Coool!!!!
    *huggles Kestra and everybody else*

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

10. thestrangequark

The worst part is that I cry when I'm angry! I'm not a fan of the show Friends, but I do remember a scene that resonated with me hilariously in which Rachel was confronting her boss (I think) and while sobbing hysterically said something along the lines of, "Before I begin, these are not tears of sadness, or weakness, they are tears of ANGER!"

:lol:

11. rhubarbodendron

rhubarbodendron Vice Admiral Admiral

same here. And my knees tremble.

Just found something that fits the day :)
    [​IMG]

12. Emher

Emher Admiral Admiral

Oh dear. :lol: I have that happened a few times, but then I was sort of a hybrid of sad and angry so I doesn't really count.

No, I have nervous laughter if someone confronts me about something and they're a bit forceful about it. Which was really a bitch back in school. Like this guy holding me up accusing me of something I haven't done and I'm laughing hysterically all the while while swearing I didn't do it. :borg:

13. Tora Ziyal

Tora Ziyal Vice Admiral Admiral

Many thanks to the sender of my pink roses. (Yeah, I know you didn't send them anonymously. I just thought it was more fun to thank you here.)

And big hugs to TSQ.

Gorgeous!

14. Deckerd

Deckerd Fleet Arse Premium Member

I feel a bit tearful too but not surprised by anything not cluttering up my inbox.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2013
  15. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

Thank you for the Valentines people!!! They were very sweet!!

And just remember if you didn't get one (these are the first ones I've ever gotten) YOU were on my list, the list I torched and deleted and :D

16. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    Thanks for all the Valentines, guys....I too got an Anonymous one that didn't even come with a message attached so who knows (besides Kes) who sent it, but many thanks in any case! I hope my recipients enjoyed theirs.

17. Zulu Romeo

Zulu Romeo World Famous Starship Captain Admiral

Glad to see everyone had a great Valentine's Day. :) Special thanks to Kes and Spot's for all their hard work.

18. ShamelessMcBundy

ShamelessMcBundy Fleet Admiral Admiral

No love for Shameless?

FOREVER ALONE!

19. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    I send my love every day over Facebook.

And invoices.

(*Hugs Shameless*)

20. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

Thanks to those who sent me a message. It actually meant a lot to me and made my cold heart warm just a little.