What games are you playing currently?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by charlhussey, Apr 29, 2010.

1. Itisnotlogical

Itisnotlogical Commodore Commodore

I'm beating my games at a breakneck pace, which sucks because I'm trying to save my money for a new console :lol: About the only things I have left are the games that I've been putting off for a while now. Conflict: Vietnam, Endwar for the DS, and C&C: Renegade just to name a few.

2. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Finished Saint's Row 2! That was my favorite GTA style game to play. Not the best mind you, but the most fun with the best controls.

My next game sitting around is Fallout 3. I really hope I like it... I've heard a lot of great things about it, I'm interested in the story, and I know you can play it for like 100 hours if you want. Also, it's the last game I own I haven't played yet!

3. Shurik

Shurik Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I played half of the first Bioshock on medium and changed to easy. I've met some tough splicer, changed the settings and forgot to change back. Even on medium, I died maybe once or twice before the change. I didn't die on easy and I've never ran out of ammo or EVE.
    I started Bioshock 2 on medium and it's much more difficult for me. I finish each big battle (Big Daddies, Big Sisters and when the Little Sister gathers Adam) almost without health, EVE and ammo. Spider splicers also seem a lot tougher. Surrounding the area with mini-turrets, traps and hacking the cameras help a lot but it's still tough.
    It's a fun game nevertheless ...

4. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Yeah at the end of any collecting action I was completely spent. But you know that all those people you killed dropped ammo and money, right? You just have to go hunting around the entire area. The bodies disappear but they leave behind little boxes with the goodies still there, so look for little briefcase/boxes.

5. Shurik

I'm doing it after the each battle. Those battles get way too chaotic to go looting during them, with the splicers coming from all directions ...
    What's the best strategy to fight a Big Sister?

6. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Well I played on easy, but I set up turrets, hide in a corner, and while she's destroying the turrets, blast away at her with a souped up shotgun. Also, be sure to freeze her first!

7. stalin2005

stalin2005 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

After finishing a Mass Effect save on hardcore, moved to ME2 with that character. 3rd playthrough, on veteran, to play through all the new DLC (Firewalker, Kasumi, Overlord and probably the Shadow Broker dlc as well). Although the atmosphere of the first game is still better than the second, I still love ME2.

Also still on Puzzle Quest on the PSP.

8. DanTheGrey

DanTheGrey Vice Admiral Admiral

Just finished the 3 Dragon Age: Origins DLC's in the past few days. Playing Assassin's Creed (the first one) and Wet as well on the 360.

Looking forward to the ME2 DLC and DA:O DLC next week.

9. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

^^ Assassin's Creed II is MUCH better than 1. I liked 1 but 2 is light years better.

10. Joel_Kirk

Joel_Kirk Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

In the Joel Zone, identifying as Sexually Fluid.
    I'm currently playing, while I'm typing on Trektoday:

*Starfox adventures
    *Soul Caliber II
    *Metroid Prime

Of course, not all at the same time...

11. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

Finishing my first ME2 playthrough on Insanity. I have to admit, the combat mechanics in this game feel better and better once you start upping the diffictulty setting all the way.

12. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

OK, couple hours into Fallout 3. I've escaped the Vault and are doing the sidequests in Megaton. Not sure how I feel about this game. I expected there to be a lot more action and a lot less talking.

So far the most effective combat method for me seems to be running up right to the baddie's face, VAT pausing, and shooting him in the head. Am I crazy? (I'm playing on the easiest setting)

13. Shurik

Yeah, headshots in VATS are very effective. It is my favorite way of killing stuff in Fallout 3.

14. Trubinator

Trubinator Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

StarCraft 2
    Modern Warfare 2
    Dawn of War (with expansions)
    Spore
    World of Warcraft

I plan to start on Civilization 5 when it comes out, too.

15. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

I got Valkyria Chronicles 2 yesterday, so I've been playing that a lot. I also beat Just Cause 2 last night.

16. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

I'll be playing some Halo 3: ODST later tonight while simultaneously rewatching Firefly :cool::lol:

17. John Clark

John Clark Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Picked up Fire Warrior for a couple of quid, so I've given that a try though I'm having some issues with it. Other than that, Half-Life 2, Episode 2, COD2 and Modern Warfare 1:)

18. PsychoPere

PsychoPere Vice Admiral Premium Member

I'm not playing either on a regular basis currently, but on Xbox I'm slowly working on both Alan Wake and Alpha Protocol. On PC, I've been playing way too much Star Trek Online. On Tuesday, I'll be buying the ME2 DLC "Lair of the Shadow Broker" and the DAO DLC "Witch Hunt." And Halo Reach comes out all too soon...

19. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

I started playing Final Fantasy XIII again on Saturday. I'm pretty close to the end now.

I also spent a lot of time playing VC2 over the weekend.

20. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Well I didn't like it at first but I'm definitely obsessed with Fallout 3. I've been playing it constantly. I'm at Level 11 now I think but I've been doing all the side quests, I haven't even found the father yet in the main story I keep doing all the little things first. It's so addictive, finishing quests, finding new locations.

The best feature about this game is the fast loading times and instant travel between locations. My least favorite thing about RPGs is backtracking!!! So it's so great that you can just warp to any location you've already been to. Saves a lot of walking!