Terminator 2: Does anyone hate this film?

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by ReadyAndWilling, Feb 1, 2014.

1. 2takesfrakes

2takesfrakes Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Arnold's Terminator talks way too much, has entirely too much to say, in Judgement Day. "Now I know why you cry." Oh, just shut up and get in the god damn lava pit, already, will you? Outside of T2's many self-referential winks ("I swear, I will not kill anyone"), yes, Terminator 2 was entertaining popcorn fare. It never reached the same level of tension that the first Terminator had, deliberately so, perhaps, trading that for the "fun" aspects. But I'm glad Cameron knew when to quit with the Terminator franchise, even if the studio didn't.

2. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

I liked it better with the Future Coda ending.

3. Kelthaz

Kelthaz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

If there's anybody who hates Terminator 2 I don't know what to know about it.

4. maneth

maneth Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I liked it. It's my favorite of the franchise.

5. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

A nearly perfect film. I can't even begrudge Furlong *too* much. He had plenty of annoying, eye-rolling, moments (like trying to teach the Terminator 90s slang.) But still, by and large he's just a buzzing gnat in a field of perfection.

6. Caligula

Caligula Vice Admiral Admiral

Looking back, I don't care much for the domestication of the T-800. The movie itself is just excellent overall, Robert Patrick as the T-1000 is creepy as hell, and the special effects still hold up fantastically.

So, no. No hate from me.

7. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

It was very much Schwarzenegger-ized and self referential. The sunglasses, the Bad to the Bone song, the Harley. And by the time he said "Trust me!" with that smile, the character turned from Terminator into Arnold having fun blowing shit up.

And yeah, the kid is kinda annoying. But Linda Hamilton as kind of the human Terminator in this film was awesome. I can see where they were coming from. Sarah Connor basically turned into a soulless killer in the middle of the film, and the TERMINATOR had to remind her of what humanity is all about by the end. That is a great story.

James Cameron should have done a Future War Terminator film, showing us the final battle against Skynet in the future, ending a trilogy.