Fallout: New Vegas

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Servo, Feb 9, 2010.

1. Servo

Servo Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

2. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

Looks like the reviews are coming in and it's about what I expected; a (huge) expansion of FO3 with a handful on incremental gameplay tweaks and (if reports are to be believed) it's even more buggy! I'll definitely wait for the bargain bins. ;)

3. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

That's about what I expected from Obsidian. Yeah, bargain bin for me, too.

4. clint g

clint g Admiral Admiral

Just going to say that I called it on this one :lol: They've never been a very innovative company, mostly just picking up sequels to big games

5. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

It's actually worse than I thought it'd be. Apparently once you finish the main quest, that's it. Game over! Didn't doing exactly that lead to massive complaints from players last time and partly lead to them undoing it with Broken Steel? I smell a DLC cash-in down the line.

6. firehawk12

firehawk12 Fleet Admiral Admiral

I've heard that the ending is much more satisfying than the FO3 ending... and anyway, all of the previous FO games just ended as well.

7. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

^ No they didn't. FO2 let you wander around the wastes after the main quest was done.

8. emacs

emacs Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

i'll may give this game a try once the patch has been released to resolve most if not all the of the most glaring bugs.

9. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

^ I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you. Most of those bugs are inherited from FO3, so it looks like nobody is in a hurry to fix anything.

10. firehawk12

firehawk12 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Wow, I don't remember that. Or maybe I'm thinking of FO1. :lol:

11. ares93

ares93 Commodore Commodore

Great game. Confusing sometimes, but still, i love it. wont spoil anything but the detective mission with Boone in bloody great.

to tell you the truth. it feels like its a massive DLC for F3, but its definitely worth the money.

12. Shurik

Shurik Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Is it already out? I bought it on Steam, but isn't able to play it yet ...

13. ares93

yeah in the us. a friend of mine got it for me. he uploaded a dvdrip of the disc on his FTP and i downloaded a no cd crack from the web. the game itself should arrive in a few days. i didnt want to wait :techman:

i would have needed the crack anyways because my BR player died on me. the damn thing sounds like a raped washing machine...

14. Lookingglassman

Lookingglassman Admiral Admiral

Got it yesterday, but haven't started playing it yet.

15. ares93

^ already finished the main quest. damn i missed out on a lot when i skipped the side missions...

16. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

I've been playing it a few days. I think I found my first game breaking glitch :p I'm on the side quest at the dinosaur statue where you find out who kidnapped the sniper's wife and then have to take them with you in front of the dinosaur so the sniper can kill them. I talked to all the people and found out who did it. But when I go to talk to her, I don't have the dialogue option to get her to follow me. I've tried putting the sniper beret on and off. The option doesn't come up.

17. Evil Twin

Evil Twin Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Did you get the evidence out of the floor safe? That should do the trick. You also need to talk to her when Boone's on duty at the dinosaur (at night).

18. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Yeah I did. OOOOH I'm not talking to her at night I'm talking to her at the day. Duh :lol:

19. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

So I did go back at night and I still didn't get the dialogue option to get her to follow me... I think it's a bug.

20. Evil Twin

Evil Twin Rear Admiral Rear Admiral