Why didn't Tom Paris wear a Maquis rank pin?

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by The Wormhole, Jul 13, 2014.

1. AgentCoop

AgentCoop Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Maybe the Maquis crew members chose to have a slightly different rank insignia, and Janeway went along with it to keep the peace?

2. tomswift2002

tomswift2002 Commodore Commodore

Seven's Starfleet uniform was only in the Holodeck (and on her time travel mission, in order to blend into the crew).

But with Neelix and Kes I don't think they needed uniforms, since we saw Guinan (who was the Head Bartender/Morale Officer on the E-D), Mr. Mot (ship's barber) and Keiko (as a ship botanist) in civilian clothes in TNG.

3. NightJim

NightJim Captain Captain

I think I'd have liked Kes to switch to a uniform if she'd not left. I wish Seven had switched after we saw her desire to wear one. She clearly wanted one, but she seemed to have some sort of need to distance herself from the crew, and admitting to that outside of the holodeck was just beyond her.

4. Squiggy

Squiggy FrozenToad Admiral

But that would've gone against Starfleet's "young lady in a cat suit" mandate.

5. USS Triumphant

USS Triumphant Vice Admiral Admiral

Oh, right. General Order 3, isn't it? ;)

6. Ithekro

Ithekro Vice Admiral Admiral

I thought it was General Order 1, Subsection H, being an inclusion after the stint of T'pol of Vulcan on Enterprise.

7. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Fleet Admiral Admiral

What, no one's gonna chime in, calling it General Order 69? Geez!

8. Ithekro

That be way too late in Starfleet history to justify. :p

9. starburst

starburst Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I always enjoyed those episodes with Neelix in a Starfleet uniform, its a shame it only ever happened in alternated timelines.

Kes would have suited a Starfleet uniform as did Seven, really they should have gotten her into one of those regularly by the end of the show but as with Enterprise TPTB wouldn't have been happy with their shows 'babe' not wearing a figure hugging outfit.

10. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

Kes, Neelix, and Seven were all civilians, so officially aren't entitled to wear a Starfleet uniform.

Regarding the speculation on regulations regarding catsuits, that's actually General Order 36-24-36.

11. RainKing

RainKing Lieutenant Red Shirt

I'm one of those Star Trek fans that would only notice pips or pins if the character very slowly and deliberately moved their index finger to point directly at them; coupled with a simultaneous camera zoom - and even then, I'd be waiting for some alien insect to crawl out of their shirt.

12. Ithekro

I've seen Starfleet uniforms on large busted women...they can almost double as a tight fitting catsuit, depending on the tailoring.

Lt. Yar's uniform didn't leave much left to the imagination.