Mass Effect 3

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by PsychoPere, Dec 10, 2010.

1. bullethead

bullethead Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Yup. It crashed part way through the 45 minutes you have to play through to unlock the gun, so I had to replay all that. Luckily, they were nice enough to let me skip through the tutorial.

Here's an MP4 version of the ME3 GameTrailers TV episode from last night:
    http://www.fileserve.com/file/5xgdwMK/gttv_508_a_h5k23d_3500.mp4

http://www.fileserve.com/file/ypW93MG/gttv_508_b_h5k23d_3500.mp4

http://www.fileserve.com/file/BKkRPTH/gttv_508_c_h5k23d_3500.mp4

http://www.fileserve.com/file/T5SGgVd/gttv_508_d_h5k23d_3500.mp4

2. FPAlpha

FPAlpha Vice Admiral Premium Member

I did.. Amalur didn't really grab me.. a typical adventure/fight stuff game with some nice effects.

Not overly interested but then i tried it for the ME3 stuff ;)

3. bullethead

4. Kadratis

Kadratis Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I can't wait to play as FemShep again. :D

5. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

I'm terrible with names and faces, but isn't that the bloke from that Wing Commander movie? I always had a (very minuscule) soft spot for that film. Still, I'd be surprised if I end up using this character very much. The Mass Effect games have a bit of a spotty track record when it comes to these early squadmates. I mean I almost *never* used Kaiden or Jacob.

You know I was shocked that I enjoyed it at all. Like you and I'm sure allot of people I only played it for the unlockables. My assumption going in was that this was just some third rate game that they were trying to prop up by attaching it to ME3...which I suppose is true, but it did a good job of selling me in on the gameplay mechanics and artstyle. I probably won't get it when it comes out (I rarely do) but I'll definatly keep a eye out for it in future Steam sales. ;)

Is it weird that what I liked most about all this new footage is that it shows you get to wander around the cargo bay again? For some reason it really bugged me that it was off limits in ME2. Also nice to see that got rid of all those huge (and oddly invulnerable) AC units. I mean what was the purpose of those things exactly?

6. Herkimer Jitty

Herkimer Jitty Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Provide cover during boss fights.

Dry laundry.

Also, Harbinger is only 8 inches tall, but he talks into them because it makes him sound all bad and impressive.

7. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

^And here's me thinking there wasn't a totally sensible justification.

8. John Clark

John Clark Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yeah, I had a quick spin of it.

I'm not going to rush out and get it, but may when it comes down in price a bit.

9. HotRod

HotRod Commodore Commodore

New trailer showcasing the multiplayer. I gotta say.....I'm feeling alot better about this then I was a few months ago.

http://youtu.be/nyy5fAFw6UM

10. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

I've had very few concerns about this ever since they said that a separate Bioware studio was working exclusively on the multiplayer. So long as it's not detracting from the single player, I'm happy.

Still, I'm not 100% clear how this "Galaxy at War" system will interact with multiple Shepard career files. Will gaining points "improve" the chances of total victory across all saves, or will it unlock a pool of--for want of a better term--"points" that you can access and choose whether or not to "spend" in any given career? I'm hoping for something like the later as (especially for my main Shep) I want my first playthrough to be "pure" without MP influencing events. And then there's my loserShep for whom I fully intend to make things as difficult as possible,

Obviously just holding off on MP until after my first playthrough would avoid any unwanted interactions, but I'd just as soon have the option.

11. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

..and another new trailer, this time it's the voice cast reveal. Mostly returning cast, but there's one new character there who's existence I don't think has even been hinted at before now. Oh and they *almost* show the new-look femShep. ;)

12. DarkHorizon

DarkHorizon Captain Captain

New voice cast trailer (unsurprisingly, spoilers for character appearances):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hfvo5ueKJY8

Not using the YT tags, because when I do, the preview screenshot reveals a new character and voice actor!

Very excited for this - placed my N7CE pre-order at the weekend.

ETA: Damn, ninja'd. :D

13. LeadHead

LeadHead Director of Comedy Premium Member

Ay Carumba! Great video! I can't let myself look at too much about the game, I get MASSively excited. It just has this EFFECT on me and I end up feeling like I need a 3 day weekend!

(Sorry couldn't resist doing that) :rommie:

14. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

In other Mass Effect related news, the fan reaction to the just released tie-in novel has apparantly been resoundingly negative. I never really thought the previous three were up to much to begin with, but evidently this one managed to be even worse. Oh dear.

15. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

It was written by William C. Dietz, so I'm really not surprised. The books by Drew Karpyshyn weren't the greatest, but at least they were consistent with the rest of the setting (as they should have been, since Karpyshyn was the lead writer of ME1).

I'm surprised they didn't have Mac Walters (lead writer of ME2/ME3) write the novel instead. He must have been too busy.

16. HotRod

Jesus! Look at that Turian fleet closing in on some Reapers! There are gonna be some massive battles in this game for sure!

Plus. I've said it before and I'll say it again. The Normandy looks GREAT in Alliance colours!

Roll on March 6th!

17. bullethead

A new video, taken at a presentation in Montreal, showing near final UI elements:
    [yt]v=phLGBo6ACNE[/yt]

18. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

^They named their Shepard "Gorilla"? Cute.

I like that the enemy health bars have become segmented, it looks like it gives you a much better sense of the damage you're doing (or not doing, as the case may be.)

Also, am I crazy or is that a different voice actor for Mordin?

19. HotRod

So, looks like it's about time to upgrade back to XBOX LIVE GOLD again with the demo out in less the 2 weeks and the game out in barely a month. Damn that game is costing me alot.
    Collectors Edition = $90
    Live Gold for Multi = $55
    Turtle Beach Headphones = $80

Grand Total: $225 for the complete glory that will be Mass Effect 3.

Plus I'll probably end up gettin it for PS3 at some point. So add on another $70.

Still.......WORTH IT.

We will need to get a Trekkbbs Special Forces squad going.

20. bullethead

One, Microsoft is giving away Gold to anyone who downloads the demo, and two, you can get the Live Gold cards for at least $20 off at various vendors online.