ENT Forum Get To Know You Thread Pt 2

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Enterprise' started by Kalen Archer, Nov 10, 2005.

1. PikeFan

PikeFan Commander Red Shirt

Hi star and hopefulromantic, thanks for the welcome. I've been watching ENT on Sci-fi and am REALLY loving it! Is it just me, or does it make TAS seem more connon-y?

2. HopefulRomantic

HopefulRomantic Mom's little girl Moderator

Been so long since I've seen TAS, I'm not sure, LOL. I do like that Enterprise explored some races from TOS that the other shows didn't, like the Andorians and Tellarites. And some people take exception to Ferengi and Borg and the Observers showing up, but they all worked fine for me within the overall Trek framework.

Plus, y'know, Jeff Combs. Always a win. :techman:

3. PikeFan

hopefulRomantic, I liked several of the links ENT made. Cochran's Borg thing (from FC) Ferengi ep was fun! I don't remember the Observers (do you mean the Vulcan stuff or was it a race?) I'm VERY new to the ENT, watching the SyFy channel reruns.

4. HopefulRomantic

^^ Oops! I'm sorry, I should have said "Organians" -- the race from TOS "Errand of Mercy." They turn up in ENT's 4th season "Observer Effect." I think of them as "Observers" because it will be hundreds of years before they set up Organia for their first contact with Kirk & Co. in TOS.

I thought the Borg episode, "Regeneration," was a nice tie-in connecting "FC" to the Borg of future shows. And I loved the Ferengi episode, "Acquisition," largely because of the actors who played Ferengi, including Jeff Combs, Ethan Phillips from VOY, and Clint Howard.

5. Cwj

Cwj Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

I'm watching the SyFy channel marathon right now.
    I've got to say, this Enterprise show is seriously growing on me :)
    Will definitely watch from beginning to end in the upcoming months.

6. star

star Vice Admiral Admiral

Glad you're enjoying it, Cwj. It does have a tendency to grow on you. :D

7. PikeFan

Star, your Avatar stopped my heart... thanks!!

8. star

One is glad to be of service. :D

9. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

Oh yes ENT connections were great. Very much rewarded the faithful Trek watcher of many years.

10. Quinton O'Connor

Quinton O'Connor Commodore Commodore

For my part, I was born two weeks before Star Trek: The Next Generation debuted and my late grandmother was always watching it, Deep Space Nine, Voyager, and of course TOS and the movies. Enterprise ended when I was seventeen, so for my childhood it was all these great, isolated tales and for my adolescence I got to see the producers bridging a connection between those tales with a prequel.

That was pretty cool.

11. DoBa

DoBa Lieutenant Red Shirt

I grew up on TNG and then VOY and TOS. Pretty much anytime a TOS marathon was on my parents watched it. I didn't have much of a chance to watch DS9 but when ENT came out I got super excited. I groaned a little at first but it grew on me. I thought it was better than most people make it out to be. I thought Archer was near perfect. He really didn't know what he was doing because no one did. Everything was new and they were just starting to get a feel for it. I was disapointed that Merriweather didn't get much character devoplment. He seemed to exist to say 'course laid in' or 'aye sir'. I thought they he would have had more lines considering he was a space boomer and had more experience than everyone but T'Pol or possibly Phlox. But noooo, let's oversex the Vulcan.

The Xindi were okay. Except those shoddy looking Reptilians. And the insectoids that looked lost from Babylon 5. Overall I enjoyed the series. I got to see them all on HDNet a couple years back as I was in the Marines from 02-06 and missed many episodes. The ending was a slap in the face. CURSE YOU FAT RIKER!

12. teacake

We should breed :D

13. John O.

John O. Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I think the less Travis spoke, the better :lol:. There were just some serious casting mistakes in that show. I liked Malcolm's character but the stereotypically stuffy Brit is just a little tired. Most Brits aren't like that at all, although I guess he comes from a poshy Royal Navy line. I would've liked Travis fine if he'd been more interesting - like Sgt. Greer from SGU.

14. jimoinj

jimoinj Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Hi my name's Joel, I live in Canberra Australia. I'm absolutely a late-comer to Star Trek, though I did see some of the movies and TV series growing up. Growing up I was into Start Wars, Transformers and Doctor Who. I really got into Trek when the new movie came out and everyone was raving, I decided to give TNG a try. I never regretted it! TNG is my favourite, followed by DS9, Voyager and Enterprise. TOS is the only one I can't really get into, though maybe it will grow on me. It's hard to compare after beginning with the modern series.

15. DoBa

DoBa Lieutenant Red Shirt

Oo-mox?

16. HopefulRomantic

Welcome to all the new ENT fans! Enjoy the forum. :)

17. lurok

lurok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Lost in the EU expanse with a nice cup of tea
    Another late convert to ENT, but posted nulove for it in 'Hate Ent but then come to love it' thread. After years of arguing with friends and colleagues (most of whom don't get sci-fi anyway) about relative merits or otherwise of various Trek, it's nice to finally find somewhere with like-minded souls. Surprised took so long :)

18. Risa Seductress

Risa Seductress Ensign Newbie

Hello. I have just joined so am very new. Love DS9 and Enterprise. Also; have now watched all of Voyager and have great appreciation for that show also; really came to like and respect Capt Janeway. Have also started going to ST Conventions and just returned from the one in San Francisco. As far as DS9; really like Major Kira and Jadzia Dax; plus Chief of Operations O'Brien. Of course love Captain Sisko. In Enterprise; I would have to be different and not jump onto the Comdr Trip bandwagon although he is good. Really Love Lt Malcolm Reed; but more on that later.

I am here to learn about star trek goings on and maybe contribute from time to time.

19. star

Welcome lurok & Risa Seductress. :D Jump in right in, the water's warm!

20. teacake

Malcolm Reed grew on me with each ENT rewatch. I find him a hugely developed character now, though quite overlooked.