Repo! The Genetic Opera

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by JD, Sep 22, 2009.

1. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I just saw this movie for the first time this morning, and wow...just wow. I loved every minute of it, the music, the performances, and the direction were all outstanding IMO. My favorite songs were "Legal Assassin", "Zyrdrate Anatomy" and "At the Opera Tonight". So any other Repo! fans here?

2. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

I thought it was very interesting with some very good songs. My favorite character by far was Graverobber and all his songs. I have the soundtrack! There's so many genre actors in the cast too; the biggest shock is the teenage daughter lead is Carmen from Spy Kids!

3. barnaclelapse

barnaclelapse Commodore Commodore

It's good stuff. I actually made my roommate watch Goodfellas the other night, and it kind of freaked her out to see Paul Sorvino look halfway normal.

4. Shurik

Shurik Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

It was a lot of fun, I liked it.

5. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah, the movie probably had one of the weirdest combinations of actors in it's cast I have ever seen in a movie. And they actually all did a really good job, even Paris Hilton IMO, despite her Razzie.

6. OmahaStar

OmahaStar Disrespectful of his betters Admiral

I gave it a chance, despite my personal loathing of Paris Hilton, and wasn't impressed. There are, apparently, a lot of fans of it anyway. Maybe it would have been better with someone I didn't already loathe in the cast. Who knows?

7. Thrall

Thrall Commodore Commodore

Yeah. It's got a cult following. If you like Rocky Horror you'll love this. My roommate loves it to death. He even went as one of the characters to a party. I couldn't make it halfway through. It was awful, I thought. Especially the music. Of course, I hate musicals to be fair. The only one I like is The South Park movie.

8. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

My friend has this and said it was great...she got it because of Tony Head and loved his perfomance. I've been meaning to check it out.

9. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah, it's definitely not a movie for everyone.

10. OmahaStar

OmahaStar Disrespectful of his betters Admiral

I completely disagree. I love Rocky Horror, but not Repo.

11. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I haven't seen Rocky Horror in a while, but from what I remember I don't see the similarities. Rocky was a goofy crazy comedy, where Repo! is more a horror or thriller kind of thing.

12. Asbo Zaprudder

Asbo Zaprudder Admiral Admiral

I'd be more interested if someone turned "Repo Man" into an punk-rock opera.

13. Thrall

Thrall Commodore Commodore

All of those trashy, Rock Opera's are all kind of the same to me though.