Young Justice, Green Lantern return January 5th

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Enterprise is Great, Dec 14, 2012.

1. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

Actually he suppressed Miss M's telepathy before the camera was taken out, hence why she took out the camera so she could explain things to Cheshire without Deathstroke watching.

2. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

^Oh, yeah. Well, then, I guess his thinking was that with the situation heating up, he wanted to tighten his control on whoever he saw as an enemy, including M'gann.

3. Thestral

Thestral Vice Admiral Admiral

I think that's fair, yeah.

:techman:

"Connor, why are you punching Goliath!?"

"Stop it Cassie, that's Captain/Counselor/Admiral Anderson, he's a good guy!"

Legit point, to be sure. Rocket's another one I should have mentioned too - I have the feeling we might not find out who she's marrying, if it's anybody important, because learning that was planned for season 3 - because she seemed like a really fun character that never got much chance to shine. Maybe the upcoming video game will give her more to do?

It's more that Mal and Karen's "difficulties" have just... annoyed me for some reason, I dunno. Seeing her work with Ray Palmer is fun, seeing him take up the Guardian suit too. Meh, I'm just griping now. :lol:

I've really liked how much focus Jaime has gotten - I think he's become the definitive Blue Beetle by this point between various media portrayals, something Ryan Choi for example wasn't able to do as Atom.

That's a reasonable explanation, yeah. Plus another possibility occurred to me that he might have anticipated her actual plan of using telepathy to her advantage to collude with Cheshire and escape somehow while making the fight "look good."

4. Gone Troppo

Gone Troppo Ensign Newbie

I've watched these shows from the beginning and hate that they're being cancelled. Why can't Cartoon Network rotate Green Lantern/Young Justice with the new shows? That way, there's new episodes most of the time. If CN is blaming the ratings, they didn't help themselves with the erractic schedule or the abrupt hiatus last Oct. Why should I bother watching the new shows anyway? Most likely, they're going to be treated the same way.

5. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

From what I've seen I think CN thinks of their programming as "product" in the coldest sense. You move it while it's hot, drop it when it's not and there's not much sympathy involved.

That said, they do seem to give a free hand to creators to try things so it's not all negative. I think YJ and GL knew enough to think in terms of season plotting so I think at least the season's threads will have a conclusion.

6. Gotham Central

Gotham Central Vice Admiral Admiral

From what I understand, ratings were not a problem for either show. They both get lower ratings than say Adventure Time, but then neither is on during primetime like AT. That said, the ratings are not too far removed from AT considering that they are on at radically different times.

7. Gone Troppo

Gone Troppo Ensign Newbie

I'll admit I don't know the exact reasons why these are canceled. I don't watch many current shows. I just don't care for most of what's out there. Too many "reality" shows and programs that speak to the lowest common denominator.

8. Hound of UIster

Hound of UIster Vice Admiral Admiral

The failure of the YJ toyline is why it's getting cancelled. FYI that was inevitable since the toyline was being run by the morons at Mattel. Plus YJ was more expensive than Adventure Time or Ben 10 since the Korean animation was costly and it had a big voice cast.

9. Christopher

Yeah, YJ has remarkably good animation for a TV show, on a par with WB's DC Universe DVD movies. And better animation takes more time and money.

10. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

Caught up on Green Lantern.

Babel: No ring power, no oxygen and stuck in a domed city? I was eager to see how they'd get out of that one. And the language thing was a nice touch.

Love is a Battlefield: Great to see Carol back. I like her, and I knew she'd become a star sapphire again. Didn't like the simplistic take on "love" though. I've always thought it was about broadening the self beyond the ego, not sacrifice in the conventional sense. And Aya… She's dangerous. Now I see why the guardians wanted to dismantle her.

Oh, and the title put Pat Benatar's song to in my head.

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGVZOLV9SPo[/yt]

Looks like you'll get your wish. The next episode is called "Larfleeze".

11. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

12. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

13. Gotham Central

Gotham Central Vice Admiral Admiral

Wow...so at this point, we will have seen the Red, Orange, Green, Blue, and Violet lanterns. m REALLY surprised that the Sinestro Corp will probably be the last corp we see...if at all.

14. Christopher

I'd imagine their plan was to set up the Sinestro Corps as the Big Bad for the third season, which won't be happening now.

15. Corran Horn

Corran Horn Vice Admiral Admiral

Some of the YJ toys are ok. Black Canary is ok. Aquaman is ok. But Superboy is so thin as it be totally unplayable. He's painful to look at. I would have loved to have seen a mass-produced Artemis for my daughter.

16. Corran Horn

Corran Horn Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah, and Giancarlo Volpe tweeted out a GL:TAS Harlem Shake parody video that had Larfleeze in it a few days ago.

17. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

I didn't think GL was as strong as the last few episodes. Forces overtaking personalities is getting a bit played out as a plot device.

Justice League was interesting in how much villains were driving the action such as Luthor, Deathstroke and Mongul Even the upstarts and Roy are on the outsider side. Most surprising was seeing Godfrey stick it to the Reach Ambassador.:rommie:

18. Christopher

^Yeah, it looks like whatever Darkseid's plan is, the Reach have served their purpose in it and it's time to start tearing them down.

And let's see, Deathstroke stole the Warworld key crystal, right? And he was working for Luthor and thus the Light. So either the Light is working with Apokolips or we've got two villain factions competing.

Over in GL, it's kind of a coincidence that Larfleeze should show up just days after I read my first comic that he was in (the Lex Luthor-focused The Black Ring miniseries by Paul Cornell). At least I had an idea what to expect. I think Tom Kenny, maybe, would've been a better voice for Larfleeze than Dee Bradley Baker. I imagined something more high-pitched and craven. I mean, Larfleeze is basically Gollum, it seems to me.

The shot of Hal with all the rings on his fingers was a cute homage to the cover of GL Vol. 3 Issue 49, though the circumstances are completely different.

19. Snaploud

Snaploud Admiral Admiral

Regarding GL:

Why didn't any of the group find it odd that the skyline was going dark all at once? Star light takes years to reach other star systems, and the time it takes to reach another planet is directly proportional to its distance. That brings to mind two possibilities:

a) The stars were destroyed long ago in the past using a level of coordination that boggles imagination. It's also a type of coordination that would have little purpose (unless Aya knew where Hal and his group would be and wanted to send a message). It also brings up a whole host of other questions (such as why nobody was aware of the problem years ago).

or

b) Something is wiping out all light in the universe almost instantaneously. Is more than light being wiped out instantaneously? Can they safely enter the dark region? Will they have to fight while literally being blind (as light is necessary for sight)?

20. Christopher

^Clearly the writers were just ignoring the laws of physics for the sake of the story. It's hardly the first time this show has played fast and loose with scientific credibility.