Closing credits ?

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by blueskin, May 17, 2013.

1. blueskin

blueskin Ensign Red Shirt

Anything in them Worth Seeing ?

2. foreverton

foreverton Ensign Newbie

Nope. This isn't a Marvel film.

3. Amaris

Amaris Guest

Aside from the wonderful visuals at the beginning of them? Nah, just regular credits.

4. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Neither were the plenty of other films that have had post-credits scenes. So it could've happened here. It just didn't.

Personally I don't much care for the visuals. They're too fanciful and cluttered. Something more grounded in what space really looks like would be better.

After the first film, I felt that I would've liked the end credits to include a montage of the Enterprise traveling through space and visiting various planets and phenomena -- sort of a hybrid between the TOS and Voyager titles, to convey the idea that the ship was engaged in the exploration we didn't get to see it do in the movie. That would've worked just as well here.

5. Kpnuts

Kpnuts Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

That would involve them showing a beauty shot of the Enterprise for longer than 3 seconds which seems their limit sadly :(

6. Titus Andronicus

Titus Andronicus Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I was really hoping they'd do that. Perhaps show some visuals like the Enterprise meeting the First Federation vessel, etc. Or just going to different planets.

7. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

Just watch the credits with the visuals and TOS theme until it ends then you can safely leave. Nothing worth sticking through the entire credits for.

8. Christopher

^Unless you want to listen to the music. (And there is a reprise of the opening fanfare of the TOS theme near the conclusion of the end-title theme.) Or read the names and song attributions and such in the credits. Although I admit, these days it's more convenient to read credits on IMDb since you can scroll them at your own pace.

9. Amaris

Amaris Guest

Well, I had to pee, so I couldn't sit around for all of the credits. That's what I get for drinking a huge diet Coke. :lol:

10. Avalon

Avalon Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Does anyone know why Chris Hemsworth (George Kirk) is in the credits for this movie? Was there a deleted scene or flashback? Or did my son and I both miss something?

11. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

You mean you didn't see Thor's cameo in this movie? ;)

12. T'Bonz

T'Bonz Romulan Curmudgeon Administrator

Vocal flashback.

13. Flying Spaghetti Monster

Flying Spaghetti Monster Vice Admiral Admiral

After the TOS music/planet fly-by's, there was a dedication to those affected by the 9'11 tragedy. It was probably placed in the film due to the film's theme of terrorism.

Pretty classy.

14. TrekGuide.com

TrekGuide.com Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

When Kirk is in the hospital, he relives an audio flashback of his entire life (i.e., key lines of dialogue from the first movie). Although it seems dubious that he would have a memory of his father's voice since he was only one minute old when he last heard it. (Maybe the shuttle had a recording of the com traffic, and Kirk's mother played it back for him when he was older.)

15. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

Since they were going on the five-year mission, it would.have been fun to end with a TOS-style montage of stills (or possibly 5-second clips) showing some of their missions, both familiar and new.

16. Therin of Andor

Therin of Andor Admiral Moderator

"Doctor Who" fans have reported two sightings of a spinning TARDIS in the closing credits. Will have to attempt to find it on my fourth viewing.

17. Christopher

Jennifer Morrison is credited as well. Just before Kirk wakes up at the end, we hear a montage of audio clips from the first film -- presumably it includes bits of Hemsworth & Morrison's dialogue.