Would it be fun fan to have a conspiracy sow that is "open ended"

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Drago-Kazov, Dec 20, 2012.

1. Drago-Kazov

Drago-Kazov Fleet Captain

I watched the History Channel one's and some episodes of the Jesse Ventura ones. What my beef is that i always knew the conclusion before it ended.Would it be fun to watch one of these types of show's were you really don't know what the conclusion will be? If it would be too controversial then let's take a look at conspiracies/conspiracy theories outside of the US.

Toughts?

Mod's please correct the title.

2. Aeronef

Aeronef Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

All conspiracy theories are false.

Why? Because there is a conspiracy to prevent conspiracies.

1815. The Congress of Vienna. While the foreign ministers of the Great Powers of Europe were negotiating peace, the heads of their secret services were also meeting--in secret, of course--to discuss the underlying causes of the French Revolutionary and Napoleonic Wars.

Their chief researcher, Abbé Augustin Barruel, presented convincing evidence that the French Revolution was the product of a conspiracy by philosophes, Freemasons, and the Bavarian Illuminati to overthrow Christianity. What is more, these secret societies, while temporarily defeated, were growing in power once again.

Since these fanatical conspirators could only be defeated by extra-legal means, a new and secret Crusading order was founded--the Sovereign Military Order of the Sacred Heart of Jesus--generally referred to by the cryptic initials SCI (for Sacratissimum Cor Iesu). Endowed with vast wealth, and a law unto itself, the SCI devoted itself to secretly combating the conspiratorial hydra.

Today, the power of the SCI is practically limitless, and its reach is global. Because of the tireless efforts of these silent guardians--this anti-conspiratorial conspiracy--the world is conspiracy-free.

But, in order to keep its own existence a secret, the SCI secretly encourages foolish and implausible conspiracy theories. By keeping conspiracy theorists busy chasing phantoms, the SCI's disinformation campaign both neutralizes a potential threat, and makes the whole concept of conspiracy seem ridiculous.

3. Avon

Avon Commodore Commodore

the title clearly promised some sort of pig-based conspiracy shenanigans and i'm rather disappointed.

also aeronef, they must be a useless secret society for you to know about it. therefore i call bullshit on that nutterish theorem.

4. Aeronef

The only reason I haven't been quietly disappeared by the SCI is because I made it all up.

True--the SCI was quite concerned, at first, to learn that I had uncovered their anti-conspiratorial conspiracy.

But when they realized that it was all just an amazing coincidence--that I had somehow, by chance, imagined what was really happening, like in the novel Foucault's Pendulum--then the SCI decided to let me live.

Because after all--who would believe me? I don't even believe it myself.

5. Avon

Avon Commodore Commodore

but if you'd made up something that coincidentally happened to be true, it would still be true. and how would you know that it happened to be true unless they told you, which would still make them the worst secret society ever, in that if someone ever guesses they exist they immediately confirm it with them.

you need to get your bollocks sorted out.

6. Aeronef

^You're missing the point. I don't know that it's true.

In fact, its truth depends on my not knowing. If I knew it, it wouldn't be true.

Either that, or I wouldn't be here telling you.

So, by all means: don't believe me. Your life may depend on it.

7. Avon

Avon Commodore Commodore

but theres nothing there to believe.

8. Aeronef

Perfect!

9. scotpens

scotpens Professional Geek Premium Member

It's true. The pigs are plotting a revolution!

[​IMG]

10. Drago-Kazov

Drago-Kazov Fleet Captain

The pigs already executed the coup, you just don't know it yet.

11. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

Which end of a conspiracy sow is the open end?

12. scotpens

scotpens Professional Geek Premium Member

I, for one, welcome our new porcine overlords.