STO: TrekBBS Armada and House of TrekBBS - Fleet discussion and FAQ

Discussion in 'Trek Gaming' started by Timelord Victorious, Apr 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

Re: STO: TrekBBS Armada and House of TrekBBS - Fleet discussion and FA

I haven't played in ages on account of my computer that runs the game being in another state. But when I do get it back at the end of the summer -- assuming the game is still there -- I'll have lots of dilithium saved up to offer for the KDF projects.

2. Ruaidhri

Ruaidhri Commodore Commodore

Ruaidhri...Toronto in body, Philly in spirit!

Awesome!

3. Timelord Victorious

Timelord Victorious Vice Admiral Admiral

We should be able to get to T3 Trade on the Dilithium on the mine within 3-4 weeks if we keep up donating to the XP projects. We need 15,300 more XP to unlock the next upgrade project there. With 1,200 XP per project that is not that much. :)

4. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

Yep, that one is humming along nicely. And Embassy isn't TOO far behind it. Long as we keep focusing donations on those two for a little bit, should be able to get some knocked off in the near future :)

5. Timelord Victorious

Will be nice to join the ranks of donors on the publice service channel. We should encourage all fleet members to join the channel, so that there is a maximum number of people able to invite others to the map available.

T3 holdings are still in demand.

People without a fleet can be asked to dump a few marks or dilithium if they want.

Also we should try to invite the less frequent fleet members to the holdings more often.

One of them was completely oblivious to the mere existance of several maps and vendors.
    Next thing I know is he almost overtook my science toon with donations of accumulated marks and dilithium. :)

SInce it's an easy way to get really good equimpment now fast without much of a grind.

Every piece of gear needs 1-3 days at the most to scrap the resources together.

So you can kit out a fresh 50 VA completely in endgame worthy gear within 1-2 weeks tops.

6. NX-01ftw

NX-01ftw Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Whoever promoted me thank you!! When I get a chance I will add some more stuff for the upgrades.

7. Ruaidhri

Ruaidhri Commodore Commodore

Ruaidhri...Toronto in body, Philly in spirit!

Lots of fun running STFs today with other fleet members. We need to try and do it more often when we find a bunch of us in game at the same time. I made sure to get Divia some better ground equipment for future ground missions.

8. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

Yeah, if we can get a group online together every once in a while, should keep doing that. Need some ground STF training for people that only play space :)

9. Haggis and tatties

Haggis and tatties Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah that was brilliant, and what about that Hive STF, that Queen ship was one tough cookie, i was like a dog at the controls of a jumbo jet trying to find the heals and repairs before i popped. lol

10. intrinsical

intrinsical Commodore Commodore

With regards to the Queen's ship, it is a science vessel with a shocking amount of shields. So the key is being able to counter her science abilities and punch through the shields.

Having a science officer character helps because he/she will be able to use subnuc to turn off the queen's super powered feedback pulse. Keep moving to increase your defence% and keep at least 5km or more from her ship to avoid the deadly radiation. Because of her honking huge amount of shields, torpedoes are almost useless against her ship till all of the shields have been stripped off. Anything that can damage hull through shielding, such as DEM, helps a lot.

11. RPOW0614

RPOW0614 Commander Red Shirt

Ric'had@rpow0614 In a fleet but will drop for a bbs fleet.

12. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

If you've been putting stuff in their bank or contributing to projects or whatnot, cash out anything you feel comfortable taking with you, and then drop the fleet. Sure someone will add you as soon as they're online and you're de-fleeted. I'll try and remember to do it tonight if someone hasn't already invited you by then!

13. RPOW0614

Thanks Scout.
    I was on today and a few players tried to "friend" me. Out of "lone wolf" habit I hit ignore forgetting I posted in here today. Sorry if I blew you off. Minor correction on the name it's Ric'had@rpow061462.

14. Timelord Victorious

Invited you.... make sure to join our in game chat channel: TrekBBS Subspace Com

I assume you know your way around the fleet base and holdings?

At the tailor is a a spanking new fleet uniform waiting for you.

If you got any questions, ask them in game or here. :)

15. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

A new uniform so popular every NPC on Earth Space dock is wearing it.

16. RPOW0614

Had fun the other night doing my first ground mission with fleet members. I apologize again for getting turned around and blowing the time bonus. I have been donating what I can to the Fleet base, but I am hoarding dilithium for a new ship. I would donate crew but I traded in all of my "white" DOFFS for greens and blues.

17. Timelord Victorious

Just as a hint... you can buy career specific doffs from the fleet base with up to blue quality for fleet credits as well, which you get for donating... though I am not sure what gives you the better return rate.

18. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

yeah, trading in whites for green and blue is going the wrong direction. Blue/purple can be useful for doff missions and the 5 ship/ground slot, but once you hit your needs, should be grinding the greens back down into whites for Fleet projects. Greens don't do much for you, and each nets you 5 whites for donating, so better return there. You very quickly end up with enough purples and blues that there's no point in hoarding more past then :)

New starbase looks pretty, but haven't had chance to really play yet. Are the instances going to be smaller? Seems like a much smaller map than previously. Nice that you don't have to run all over, though. KDF First City needs a revamp; looks nice but impossible to use or find anything. Should get similar revamp to straighten things out. can keep ideas for RP and whatnot, but more of the needed functions should be laid out in a more concentrated area...

19. Timelord Victorious

The map is about the same size... Taco has posted a comparison shot somewhere... maybe i can find it later. it's simply more open and straight forward all on a single map.

20. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

hmm, maybe. Just seems like it takes a few min to run the lap of the old one, whereas when you start in the middle of the open space, not far to anywhere

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.