Anybody else find the way Will Wheaton talks annoying?

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by Lt. Cheka Wey, Mar 27, 2013.

1. Lt. Cheka Wey

Lt. Cheka Wey Commander

But it's not wery offensive...

2. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

It might be for Wil if he drops in here.

3. Sam_I_Am

Sam_I_Am Captain Captain

Exactly. Wasn't it Chase Masterson who dropped in here a few years ago and found some awful remarks about her? I just mean, treat people how you'd want to be treated...

4. Melakon

Yeah I asked a few months ago if we had any celebs, and got the Chase story. And I saw Rick Sternbach on a thread this week.

5. Lt. Cheka Wey

Lt. Cheka Wey Commander

Is what i wrote about him awful? He has a blog or something. He gets much worse.

6. Melakon

Yeah, but something like "Wheaton, you suck!" is different from criticizing physical behavior patterns he's had for 40 years.

7. marksound

marksound Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

His voice doesn't bother me, but that single L in his first name is infuriating! Two Ls were good enough for our Commander Riker, but nooo. Not for Mr. Wil Wheaton! Gotta be hip, gotta be cool, gotta be stylin' and profilin'! Mr. Wil Wheaton, Mr. Wesley L. Crusher, Mr. Big Shot Teenage Driving The Ship Guy! Pfft.

Ok, I lied. I don't really care. :devil:

8. Maurice

Maurice Snagglepussed Admiral

[LEFT]Anybody else find the way people feel free to create topics like this annoying?

I think that sums it up.[/LEFT]

9. Melakon

And it always seems to be new people that do it, asking a biased question apparently seeking support to prove their opinion is correct. And they often end that original post with a variation of "Don't you agree?"

10. Danger Ace

Danger Ace Commander Red Shirt

Not at all. I wish they'd make him more of a semi-regular on The Big Bang Theory. :techman:

11. T'Girl

T'Girl Vice Admiral Admiral

The thread title might be offensive, however if Wheaton were to read further than that, he would find many of the posts supportive. I worst I said was that his voice was "normal."

I wonder if there was already a Will Wheaton in the screen actors guild. As I understand it, union rules say there can't be two performers with the exact same name.

:)

12. Danger Ace

Danger Ace Commander Red Shirt

Wesley was annoying but it wasn't Wheaton's fault. It was purely Roddenberry's. The "kid genius" bit in sci-fi was tired way before TNG. The Wesley Crusher character, if he had been toned down and pulled back, would have made a brilliant and successful proxy for the audience. Instead they made him a "weapon of contrived solutions." So sad.

13. Anji

Anji Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Assisting in the birth of baby Horta on Janus VI
    Here we go again! Wheaton's performance was fine because he was playing a kid. Get it, a kid??? And the story is written from the adults' perspective and kids (those of us that have them know) they can at times be annoying.

To turn him into some sort of ubergenius, ultra-polite youngster would not have been realistic.

And as for Wheaton's attitude sometimes, hell, I can't blame him. He's been demonized for some crazy reason for just doing his job on TNG. You can't expect him to be a nice guy after all that ridicule.

And I do agree, he should be a semi-regular on BBT. He's a great foil for Sheldon.

14. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

Actually Wheaton makes fun of Wesley too. However, he has always been respectful towards fans and his fellow TNG actors.

15. Melakon

There is a Will Wheaton, who's apparently a singer, but his first film credit (he has 2) isn't until 27 years after our Wil made his film debut.

16. Amaris

Amaris Fleet Admiral Admiral

No, I don't find Wil Wheaton's voice annoying. I rather like his voice, and think he's a cutie.

17. Sam_I_Am

Sam_I_Am Captain Captain

Oh yes, he's a real cutie. I had such a crush on him watching TNG.

18. Amaris

Me too!

19. T'Girl

T'Girl Vice Admiral Admiral

He was definitely cute.

:)

20. Amaris

Poor guy had been dumped several times throughout the series. I'd have gladly taken him. :adore: