My Trek Through Enterprise

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Enterprise' started by Spock/Uhura Fan, Aug 24, 2012.

1. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

But Persis's PJ's didnt' have tears... until Malic gutted her anyways! So that leans towards it being some sort of fashion statement!

2. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

Maybe each tear represents something, a kind of tribal keeping tabs.

3. Spock/Uhura Fan

Spock/Uhura Fan Captain Captain

Daedalus
    [​IMG]

Too bad for Trip. It's never nice to meet your childhood idol and then find it's not what you would have expected. That's pretty disappointing. And to boot, I'm not sure about this guy's morals or ethics. I almost feel sorry for his daughter, but she's going to need to stand up against him. The more I know about him, the more I dislike him. His intentions may have been good, but I don't like his methods. I'm not sure about Archer's support, either, but I guess... At least he got his son back.

Grade: C minus

4. lurok

lurok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Lost in the EU expanse with a nice cup of tea
    I know Daedalus is considered one of the worst eps of S4 (and maybe series) and when I first saw it agree with you and was disappointed. But over time, it's grown on me as me as a slow, gentle character-driven piece, a little inter-course between the dynamic three-parters. I really like the pacing and Bill Cobbs' performance as it's very different to rest of series.

PS: I now covet S/UF's avatar.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2012
  5. teacake

I agree lurok. I also think the fate of his son was disturbing and it's always good when Star Trek disturbs.

6. Spock/Uhura Fan

Perhaps if I watch it again I'll feel the same way.

Lol, thanks. Feel free to use it if you like. :)

7. Spock/Uhura Fan

Observer Effect
    [​IMG]

"Somebody always dies?" "Always." Well, I hope this doesn't end too badly. This episode seems more like a regression to a season one or season two episode, rather than something that should be in season four. I do hope things pick up. At least the warning beacon was left behind. That was nice.

Grade: D

----------

Babel One
    [​IMG]

Looks like the Romulans are causing conflicts, and they have a matrix. Oh, they're not on the ship. Interesting. Things are picking up.

Grade: B minus

8. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

The reveal at the end of "Babel One" is one of my favourite moments from Enterprise. They're gonna meet the Romuans. They're gonna meet the Romulans. They're gonna meet the Romulans. OMG they're remote controlling it from Romulus!!

9. teacake

Yes it is one of the greatest reveals in Trek! What a shock it was the first time, LOL

10. lurok

Only mildly spoiled by the uniforms :p

11. Spock/Uhura Fan

Yes, I think the reveal about Romulus and remote controlling the ship was great too.
    --------

United
    [​IMG]

Too bad for Shran and his fiancee. I'm not sure about that fight, but it's nice that everyone was able to put differences aside so they could fight whatever it is the Romulans are trying to do. Omg, it's an Andorian! That poor guy.

Grade: B
    ---------

The Aenar
    [​IMG]

This was a good episode. I like the Aenar and the fact that the girl that helped was able to hold to her people's belief of non-violence. Poor Trip. Poor Enterprise. I hope there's a way he can stay.

Grade: B

12. R. Star

"I had a choice, charge her with assaulting a superior or... mate with her." That line makes me laugh every time for some reason. :p

13. Gaith

Gaith Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah, the duel-fight was a bit of wtf moment, though I like Michelle Erica Green's idea that Phlox gave him a steroid shot beforehand/off-screen. Not saying it was a bad sequence, it just felt very different from the show's history, which is a good thing, albeit a jarring one.

14. teacake

I hated that fight. At least it wasn't boxing, but fuck that's an overdone story element. Maybe someone squeezed some slashy moments out of it but I thought it was just embarrassing.

15. R. Star

Yeah.. the one fight Archer has to win is against the most badass character in the franchise. :(

16. teacake

It's that whole "Oh we have this tradition that requires a fight.." bullshit.

Amok Time gets a pass, after that the lameness just irritates me to death.

17. BruntFCA

BruntFCA Commander Red Shirt

Yeah that fight was ridiculous, Archer who we've seen get his ass kicked repeatedly somehow manages to win a fight with weapons he's never used against a guy who's used them his entire life? I think that instead of Shran losing an antenna Archer should have lost an eye, hell they could even have waved it away by having him show up in the next scene completely healed "man i'm glad Phlox had an extra eye laying around" and it would of still been way better then what we got. Aside from that I loved the Andorian trilogy and thought the Aenar were really cool.

18. teacake

That is a great a suggestion Brunt, that Archer lose an eye. It's a great suggestion for ANY of Star Trek, permanently damage a main character. Even better in ENT since the medical field is less magic. Archer loses and eye, is scarred and patched and very very cranky.

I'm scratching my head now, I recently saw some series where one of the main or supporting characters who had been quite okay looking ends up disfigured for the rest of the show.

19. lurok

And he was still frakkin' awesome.

It was crappy what they did to Shran. Perhaps he would have got his own back in S5? I guess we'll never know...

20. R. Star

You have a weak protagonist when four seasons into it, you're cheering for the anti-hero when the two fight. :p