10 Reasons to Love Rom

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Deep Space Nine' started by dub, Nov 25, 2013.

1. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

Maybe, but Quark already has alien girls of all varieties on each arm and had a crush on Jadzia. That's why I like the idea that Ferengi hormones are based on the value of the acquisition of a female rather than physical features.

2. GalaxyX

GalaxyX Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Is this canon though? I'm not disagreeing with you by the way. Trek in general tends to show Trek alien males mostly attracted to white "human" looking females with hot female bodies.

I would say that's simply pandering to the target male audience most likely to be watching Star Trek in the first place.

3. desfem79

desfem79 Lieutenant Commander

Hmm.. I like Rom, since despite what his brother says, social awkwardness doesn't denote stupidity or idiocy ;)

Also, Rom may not have earned much profit, but he essentially saved the Alpha Quadrant by building the minefield, and is leader of the Ferengi Alliance. More than Quark ever did haha.. I think after Rom steps down, they should make Rom head of Starfleet Engineering with a Fleet Admiral rank. you know, as gratitude for saving the Federation's own arse. ;)