Predict who will be cast as the 12th Doctor

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by Candlelight, Jun 3, 2013.

1. PorthosShadow

PorthosShadow Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

It's not entirely unlikely that Jon Hurt could be a future incarnation of The Doctor or the 12th. When The Doctor was explaining the light thingy he mentioned that it also included the days he hadn't lived yet. So it's possible that when he stepped into said light thingy to rescue Clara he saw the 12th Doctor and what he or rather would do. Also, if it were true then it would be the one possibility the fewest people are buying into.

2. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

Except that at the end of Name of the Doctor, 11 is well aware of the HurtDoctor, and what his "crimes against Humanity" are, so, he's either a past incarnation or a Future incarnation he's already interacted with that we haven't seen yet, and therefore must be explained in The Anniversary Special and/or Christmas Special. I suppose The Anniversary Special could show us The 12th Doctor going into his own past, and itneracting with 10 in a story we've never seen before, but, again, he didn't do those things in the name of The Doctor

3. Konata Izumi

Konata Izumi Commander Red Shirt

Someone suggested Toby Jones.. FUCKING COOL

Plus it would be an awesome way to follow up the promise of doom & gloom from the last episode.

4. Green Lantern

Green Lantern Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

God no. Even compared to other female choices she's low down on my list. Actually lets make it official, Emma Watson is officially my last choice for the twelfth doctor. I'd rather have a whole series of Judi Dench wearing short shorts than two episodes with Emma Watson. No bloody teenage doctors please. Plus she has no interesting personality traits either. So dull and boring.

And why everyone seems to fancy her I really don't know. The really sad thing is that a lot of people in their thirties fancy her, but Emma Watson was about eleven when she started up on film, and is still about half a lot of peoples ages who desire her. Sick. I'm not even half her age, and I'm still at college.

5. JoeZhang

JoeZhang Vice Admiral Admiral

The other problem with this (as has been discussed before) - it is his horrible secret *before* he steps in the light.

6. Sindatur

There's something really wrong with your Math.

First, Emma Watson is 23, that's plenty old enough for people to "fancy" her.

Second, you've said you just turned 15, if you weren't even half her age, she'd have to be over 30.

You speak of folks in their 30s Fancying her, and her being only half their age (They'd have to be 46 for her to be half their age)

7. Thestral

Thestral Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah, serious math fail all over the place. Also, 15 and at college? (congrats if so)

Most importantly though, dull and boring? Pfft, please; her Hermione stole the Potter movies (to be fair, Ron fans can have a fair complaint about her getting most of his good stuff, but that's not the point).

8. JoeZhang

JoeZhang Vice Admiral Admiral

Remember that college doesn't mean University to us*

* sorta of - there are exceptions.

9. Thestral

Thestral Vice Admiral Admiral

Oh good point, I didn't think about that.

10. PorthosShadow

PorthosShadow Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Why couldn't this just be the one horrible secret that he found out ahead of time. We know The Doctor doesn't do "spoilers" but maybe this was the one time he looked ahead when he shouldn't have.

11. Davros

Davros Fleet Admiral Admiral

Rowan Atkinson

12. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Rupert Grint! Come on!

13. Sindatur

If so, they have to show us in the Anniv and/or Christmas Episode how it's an episode we just weren't shown

14. Allyn Gibson

Allyn Gibson Vice Admiral Admiral

No! I want Grint to make his sitcom, Super Clyde, with Stephen Fry! :)

15. ATimson

ATimson Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I thought CBS already passed on the pilot. Is it still in consideration somewhere else?

16. Allyn Gibson

Allyn Gibson Vice Admiral Admiral

Did they? Damn. :(

17. Sci

Sci Fleet Admiral Admiral

No, we had a Scots actor. His Doctor still had an English accent.

This presumes that there's some objective measurement of "best person for the job." But setting that question aside, I promise you, there are black, or South Asian, or female, or Scots, or what-have-you actors who are just as good for this role as the best white English male actor. It's just a matter of finding them.

18. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

And then what are you going to do? I mean, I agree with you there are probably lots of people in the categories you cite, but when you've found all these people you're still going to need prioritise one of them. do you take the Scotsman over the black man, the South Asian man over the Welsh woman? You'll always be prejudicing someone...

In a way I really envy the production team getting to choose a new Doctor, but I also pity them, because whatever they do they'll be wrong in some eyes.

19. The Lensman

The Lensman Commodore Commodore

I predict it'll be that one guy for whom half the audience will be "Who?" and the other half "Him?"

I'll eat several pieces of a deep dish Supreme pizza if I'm wrong.

20. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

Of course the main factor against Hurt being the 12th Doctor is that he's 73!!