Smallville Summer Hiatus Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Admiral_Young, Jun 6, 2009.

1. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

I recall in Lois and Clark that Teri Hatcher says "I realllllllllllllly like your new black costume." and that Clark got self-concious about how he looked in his regular uniform "OOO? Not more than the Blue suit surely?"

Justine Bateman made a fabulous Supergirl. (Zara or Kara Zor-El, a penny of one, a pound or another, she was Supergirl godnabbit.)

2. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

What meds were you using?

:lol:

3. Nick Ryder

Nick Ryder Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Well I don't mind black on Superman providing its in small doses. I mean if he's going chasing after bad guys after dark its kinda silly running around in bright blue and red. I always had this notion that they should come up with some BS idea like the suit he eventually wears changes colors based on the light. During the day its blue and red, during the night its black and silver. Or something he can change at will. Could be a good way to keep his "red blue blur" nickname and still remain the "dark avenger" or whatever they call his new persona. Same guy, just different clothes. I mean a black jacket that kinda "turns red" and a black shirt and slacks that sort of turn blue.

I do have to admit, they did make ONE good choice, give Clark a longer jacket. I know it makes him look like some Neo-aping/Goth boy. BUUUT its better than some dorky out of date way way out of style cape. For Batman a cape works, its basically a glider for him and he IS BATMAN. But for Superman, a long trench coat works just fine. Now for a Supergirl, you could get away with maybe a cloak or tail dress sort of thing to give the impression of a cape.

I'm curious to see how long they'll keep the black costume.

4. wamdue

wamdue Admiral Admiral

thats something else I dont recall

5. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Fleet Admiral Admiral

Meh. Other than perhaps the Lois brainwashed/loses her memory nonsense from season three, the Bateman/Krytopn, quadrilogy was my least favorite run of the show.

6. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

And I thought I was having a rough go of it recently,

:devil:

Here's something I found the other day on YouTube, it's a brief interview with Allison at ComicCon, talking a bit about last season with a few hints at Season 9.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EM-oTtzoFPw

7. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

I recently heard that they are casting a Young Jor-El for this season.

8. Rowan Sjet

Rowan Sjet Commodore Commodore

That would be correct. Though I'm not sure exactly how young he's supposed to be.

9. wamdue

wamdue Admiral Admiral

its very worrying knowing that there might be meds I need to take, but have forgotten about.

10. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Fleet Admiral Admiral

What's Jason Gedrick doing these days?

11. Broccoli

Broccoli Vice Admiral Admiral

I read that the actor they got was something like 51.

Isn't that ancient, breath-away-from-death by CW standards? :p

12. Dorian Thompson

Dorian Thompson Admiral Admiral

There can't be a 51 year old on CW. Jim Beaver is the token old guy for the network. He's 59. :lol: Don't tell me they're gonna get another one. Beaver must make Dawn O pissed off enough as it is. She keeps trying to get young chicks for the show, but only the 35 year old angel and the 59 year old coot were a hit with audience.

13. wamdue

wamdue Admiral Admiral

yes ive always wondered how Bobby has survived network interference.

14. Dorian Thompson

Dorian Thompson Admiral Admiral

Good old Bobby. He defies the odds and mocks the female 18-34 demo. It must mystify Dawn and the suits. :lol: The audience can't keep clamoring for the old guy! It doesn't compute!! But he's the one the audience clamors for and threatens to kill Kripke over if he ever dies on the show. Then they wanted that 40ish chick, Ellen, who ran the bar to stay. No, no. 18-34 female demo will only tolerate young chicks and guys. That Jensen Ackles guy is getting a little old now. Surely the girls don't like him anymore. He's gonna be 32 in March. :guffaw:

15. wamdue

wamdue Admiral Admiral

to be frank I dont think Dawn worries about Supernatural anymore, she knows she cant change it, and she is not allowed to axe it, so she might as well just leave it, it preforms well for her network, so she is not looking to kill the golden goose

16. Guy Gardener

A golden goose is great, but if you can genetically manipulate a golden goose till it has two vaginas, well who cares if a few geese don't make it through the beta trials.

17. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Well we have one more week left folks. Once again it's been a long summer and this thread has managed to cover the lack of new Smallville. I'd ask one of the mods to keep it open until Friday morning of the show. NX can take over from the episode threads if he wants.

18. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

I'll be posting the episode thread on Friday morning.

19. Guy Gardener

I'm not ready. It's too soon. I can't handle the trepidation of...

Can we postpone?

20. Rowan Sjet

Rowan Sjet Commodore Commodore

You can always record them to watch later. :D