"Castle" season 4 begins tonight

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Neroon, Sep 19, 2011.

1. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

^We'll let it go this one time. ;)

2. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

Gwencelot.

3. Professor Zoom

Professor Zoom Admiral Admiral

Mobin Mood.

4. Forbin

Forbin Admiral Admiral

5. FPAlpha

FPAlpha Vice Admiral Premium Member

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_EjazP0zFo[/yt]

A recent Castle panel at Paylefest 2012.. quite lengthy and i haven't seen it completely but the first 10 minutes or so should put any Caskett (yes i said it and i like it.. deal with it! :p) fans at ease.. Marlowe will put them together! And Stana seems to blow any shipper right out of the water.. she's definitely the greatest shipper of us all! :lol:

6. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

This should hold me over...and yep, like I've said before in the thread, both Nathan and Stana have embraced Caskett and are aware of the fans cheering them on!

7. Professor Zoom

To me it's the major arc of the show. The whole Mommy Got Murdered conspiracy is going off the rails for me... I want them to solve it NOW, because if it keeps going it's going to twist in on itself and begin to make no sense (which I feel it's starting to.)

Remember the X-Files conspiracy... did that ever REALLY make sense?

I'm sure the writers haven't "solved" the murder--ie, it's not planned out--so they are winging it. Which spells disaster to me.

Just solve it, move on. To Caskett. Or maybe Bastle.

8. Random_Spock

Random_Spock Vice Admiral Admiral

Definitely. Things are heading down that path, and hopefully they won't drag it on that much longer...

Yep, and it did in parts :lol:. Not all the time though.

It kind of looks that way to me as well. And that isn't good.

Yep :).

9. Admiral_Young

Yeah I will be upset if the coupling doesn't happen at the end of the season...but won't be surprised. We've had more hints and teasing this season than at any previous time before, and Kate's wall is finally starting to come down. They're relationship has evolved as well as they've become closer. I think the first step, will be that Kate will reveal to Rick at some point that she heard him say he loved her after she was shot. Remember he still thinks she doesn't remember anything, since he lied to cover her PTSD. I don't know how they're going to top last season's finale though. That is really what hooked me on the show and made me go back and watch everything beforehand during the summer time.

10. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

I don't think season finales should be plotted based on "How do we top the last one?" That tends to lead to increasingly more ridiculous and over-the-top finales (see modern Doctor Who for a classic illustration). If a season finale really stands out as a special event, it's because it came by that power honestly, as a natural evolution of the story arcs at that point. If you try to force the next season's story arcs into an artificial climax just to try to top what came before, it won't work as well and it'll cheapen both finales. So it's best not to try -- just to let the really big finale stand as the high point it was and not try to compete with it. Look at Star Trek: TNG. After "The Best of Both Worlds," they did continue doing cliffhanger finales every season, but none of those other finales tried to tell a story as massive and cataclysmic as BoBW did.

11. FPAlpha

I agree and i think blowing the lid on their relationship would be a good season finale and also a natural end to the season that was big on relationship moments and revelations that they both love each other (well.. at least the viewer knows this). Since they both harbor secrets from each other there's bound to be conflict which can be exploited and written in a way that they both need space from each other to think about it and this could believeable explain the summer hiatus.

Or they could both "elope" together for the summer and then through 5th season tell us, through flashbacks and whatnot, what happened during the time.

12. Forbin

Forbin Admiral Admiral

I heard the BoBW 3rd season finale was written without knowing what the hell to do for part two the following season. :lol:

13. SAndrews10

SAndrews10 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Very true Forbin, they didn't even know if Patrick Stewart was going to come back.

14. Christopher

And that's part of what gave it so much impact. It had a real sense of uncertainty about Picard's survival and it came by it honestly. If they'd tried to "top it" with subsequent finales by putting the whole crew or the whole Federation or the whole universe in imminent danger at the cliffhanger, it would've just felt forced and artificial by comparison.

15. FPAlpha

And Roddenbery most likely would have axed that.. it's ok to have hopeless situations for a short arc but i believe ultimately he wanted a hopeful universe (which is why i think he wouldn't like DS9 much as itÄs the farthest away from his vision and people do very dark things there).

16. Christopher

^Older Roddenberry, yeah. But '60s Roddenberry had no problem writing "A Private Little War" and taking Kirk to some pretty dark and morally ambiguous places (by the standards of TV heroes of the time). He was a better storyteller before he started to think he was a visionary.

17. Admiral_Young

I think shipper fans who have been waiting for them to get together, would be pissed off if they eloped, plus that doesn't seem like a thing Kate would agree to.

18. Professor Zoom

I don't want to see Bastle elope. And a part of me thinks they should ONLY REALLY get together when they are wrapping up the show.

I don't thing a post coitus Bastle, or Caskett if you wish, would be as interesting.

Maybe for the movie. After six seasons.

19. Forbin

Forbin Admiral Admiral

I probably already said this, but as long as they don't do the stupid shit Bones and Hunter and X-Files did - suddenly reveal that they ALREADY had sex without mentioning it.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2012
  20. Admiral_Young

Yeah that would piss me off as well.