Your latest purchases, cont.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Goliath, Oct 20, 2010.

1. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

Trip to the supermarket: Milk; birthday card for my stepmom; earplugs; stocked up on incandescent bulbs :evil:

2. Tora Ziyal

Tora Ziyal Vice Admiral Admiral

Ooh, nice jacket, Niorah!

I just bought these three pieces and another top at J. Jill. Already had the matching skirt. Nice, soft knits that will be comfy after surgery but still look nice. Black skirt, pants and top; marble (pale gray) tank and vest.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2011
  3. Holdfast

Holdfast Fleet Admiral Admiral

My local Tesco's has a big sign at the entrance "LAST CHANCE TO BUY" re: incandescents. I stocked up too.

When they run out, I'll switch, but I have a lot of light fittings requiring small candles & small globes, and the energy-saving versions of these are very expensive. I actually worked out the "cost-per-hour-use" of the energy-saving versions compared to the incandescents, based on what they say on the packaging (which is probably a trifle over-generous in lifespan, but still) and they come out to be about 25% more expensive even on this measure. So yeah, I stocked up on the cheaper incandescents. :p

Hopefully by the time my stock runs out, the cost of the energy-savers will have come down through scale/technological advances.

4. Mr. Laser Beam

^ I got enough incandescents to last me a decade or two at least. I'm not doing this to avoid mercury, just that there's too many recessed fixtures in my house, and CFLs can't be used in those. I figure that by the time I use up all the incandescents I have, the technology will have advanced far enough that CFLs (or LEDs or whatever) *will* be useable in recessed fixtures, and won't have unnaturally flat/harsh lighting.

5. Kestra

Kestra Admiral Premium Member

Groceries for tomorrow night's bachelorette party.

6. Holdfast

Stocking up on the whipped cream, right?

7. Kestra

Please, the whipped cream is for date night with my husband. Bachelorette parties just get lots of alcohol and enough food so the girls don't all pass out before we're even out the door.

8. Holdfast

Sure, sure, I believe you, whatever you say... :D :D

9. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Now now, let's not forget the penis-shaped lollypops.

10. RAMA

RAMA Admiral Admiral

Bought a new George Foreman Grill, an Evo Shift 4g, 4 shirts and a new light, spring jacket.

The Evo Shift is slightly larger than an Iphone 4 and although somewhat less powerful, it has a lot of features. I also got a really good deal on it. The Shift outdoes the Iphone 4 in many catagories and the main one that it doesn't, memory...well HTC was smart enough to have EXPANDABLE memory, and I already have a larger microSD card installed. Also the battery is replaceable in the Shift.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Another smart shopping deal. A 144 sq inch grill for less than $30.

[​IMG]

11. An Officer

An Officer Vice Admiral Admiral

I gotta' get me one of those.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2011
  12. RAMA

RAMA Admiral Admiral

Why wasn't I invited? :rofl:

13. LitmusDragon

LitmusDragon Commodore Commodore

The complete Red Dwarf for $67, and the first three seasons of Kids in the Hall at $10/each.

14. TrekkieMonster

TrekkieMonster Commodore Commodore

I've apparently got a lot of catching up to do, and since I was asked ....

Just bought the Logitech Harmony One universal remote this week (to replace an 880 that died)

[​IMG]

So far we're really liking it, especially the touch screen instead of the little buttons along side the screen on the 880.

Got this set of Stainless Steel cookware a couple weeks ago to replace our 15 year old non-stick stuff that we were becoming concerned about because all the non-stick was coming off. :cardie:

[​IMG]

Oh, it's Calphalon Tri-ply, which gets as good reviews as
    All Clad at about 1/3 the price. Plus, we really like the glass lids (that All Clad doesn't offer.)

And last but by no means least, my new baby:

[​IMG]

Nikon D7000 DSLR, only with a different lens; 3 different lenses, actually. I've been wanting to get back into some semi-serious photography for a long time now (especially for the travel we have planned this coming year), and the time was finally right. I'm really enjoying learning all its capabilities, if a little intimidated.

So, that's been the past couple months for me. Whew.

I now return you to your regularly scheduled thread. ;)

15. Kestra

You're apparently busy with all those other women. ;)

16. Mr. Laser Beam

17. Tora Ziyal

Tora Ziyal Vice Admiral Admiral

Nice new baby. Very, very nice. :drool:

18. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

I bought a couple "professional-looking" track jackets to wear at work because my office is kinda chilly.

And while I didn't actually make this purchase, my new job bought me a Blackberry Torch with a full data plan.

19. Holdfast

Welcome to the modern workplace's version of a permanently-shackled ball & chain. If you've never had a job that provides you with a cellphone before, my strong advice is to turn it off the instant you go off-duty (unless you have a clear cast-iron contractual obligation to be contactable) and never ever check work email or phone messages until you turn it on again at the start of the next working day. :D

Use a personal phone out of hours, and never ever reveal that number to anyone at work.

20. kirsten187

kirsten187 Napoleonic Power Monger Admiral

I just ordered a pizza, if that counts!