Jonathan Frakes' nose. What happened to him?

Discussion in 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' started by The Rock, Nov 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Rock

The Rock Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I'm watching Attack of the Show right now, and Levar Burton and Jonathan Frakes are on there, and one of Jonathan Frakes' nostrils looks like it's been surgically altered. As if part of it was cut off. What happened to the poor man?

Last edited: Nov 30, 2012
  2. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

Genie Francis?

3. ryan123450

ryan123450 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I was just just wondering the same thing. I thought maybe I was really unobservant and it had always been that way.

4. Tosk

Tosk Admiral Admiral

Yeah, it looks like he's been having some kind of problem going on there.

Started small about a year ago or so?

[​IMG]

5. Tiberius

Tiberius Commodore Commodore

Excessive nose picking? An unfortunate practical joke that involved tissues being replaced with sandpaper?

6. marksound

marksound Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Doubtful it's anything more than age and unflattering camera angles and lighting.

7. T'Girl

T'Girl Vice Admiral Admiral

The years catch up with us all.

8. Melakon

Did a Google search for "Jonathan Frakes' nose" and the first result was this thread.

Age sounds like a believable explanation to me. I had one nostril sewn up after an accident 40 years ago, but it's not deforming. Yet.

9. Mott the barber

Mott the barber Commodore Commodore

No way that's just age.

10. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

The flesh of the nose continues to grow as we age. No one has the same nose they did at 20 by the time they reach 50. At least, not without a plastic surgeon.

11. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

He tried to reenact that one scene from the original Total Recall. It...didn't go well.

12. Tosk

Tosk Admiral Admiral

Not usually so asymmetrically though. He seems to have a scar or growth which goes through the nostril and down onto his upper lip area.

13. Salinga

Salinga Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

This is a topic that Frakes LOVES beeing discussed in the Trek community. ;) Probably some surgury nose/upper jaw related, and its a scar. Shit happens.

14. StarMan

StarMan Vice Admiral Admiral

There was.... a detonation.

15. Asbo Zaprudder

Asbo Zaprudder Admiral Admiral

Perhaps he's had a nasal polyp removed recently, or he needs to have one removed - they can cause destruction of bony tissue. Does his voice sound nasal and distorted?

16. Michael

Michael Good Bad Influence Moderator

Whatever has happened to his nose, even after all these years I still have the gays for Frakes' looks. And I'm as straight as they come. I just think he looks incredibly good. I wish I will look only half as good when I'm his age.

17. Melakon

Not that there's anything wrong with that. During his babyface, pre-beard days, I thought he had a slight resemblence to Shatner's Kirk. At one convention (late 80s, Chicago), I was sitting near the door where Frakes entered the room, and was surprised how tall he is (6'4", 1.93m). Very impressive, and he seemed quite comfortable with the fans.

18. TemporalFlux

TemporalFlux Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

At the panel in New Orleans yesterday, Frakes noted he was now a Pez dispenser. I thought he was referring to the toy, but...

19. mts007

mts007 Cadet Newbie

i thought his nose issue was something new but looks like these posts are from 2012. i'm watching angie tribeca right now season 2/episode 8 and the first thing i noticed was frakes nose on the right nostril. i cant find any news on it at all though.

20. Mutai Sho-Rin

Mutai Sho-Rin Crusty Old Bastard Moderator

Ad since there is no news on this subject, let's return the thread to its rightful place in the dustbin of Trek history.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.