Mulgrew lends voice to geo-centrism?

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by Bad Thoughts, Apr 8, 2014.

1. Bad Thoughts

Bad Thoughts Vice Admiral Admiral

2. Frontier

Frontier Vice Admiral Admiral

Oh Kate. Oh no. Oh please. Ugh. I'm hoping she was duped. Tricked somehow. It would be better than this being a legitimate belief she has.

3. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

Fox's Howard Kurtz has called rawstory.com a "liberal blog". As for what Kate's doing mixed up with this, who knows? She seemed to like those VOY episodes that explored faith vs. science.

I'm wanting to think the project and its background were misrepresented to her.

4. Frontier

Frontier Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm really thinking she, and any legitimate scientist interviewed, where all duped. They where asked for one thing, and then the people behind this turned around and used their involvement to further their own nonsense beliefs, while not letting those involved - scientist or actor - what was being done.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2458876/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

I don't see Michio Kaku being one of these kool-aid drinkers, for starters.

And I can easily see Kate recording a narration thinking she's doing a legitimate scientific documentary, totally unaware that the producers of such are nutters. After all, it's easy enough to write a generic enough looking script and then edit the recordings for your own purposes.

Times like this I wish Kate had Twitter, we'd likely know the truth tomorrow, lol.

5. The Lady Eve

The Lady Eve Vice Admiral Admiral

She does have Twitter and other social media:

http://www.totallykate.com/

Nothing said - yet - about the documentary though. I also don't believe Mulgrew and the scientists (heh - good band name) were fully aware of what this project was going to morph into.

6. RAMA

RAMA Admiral Admiral

Must be a joke

7. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

She's an actor with a script being paid money.

What we call a ridiculous lie posing as science, she calls a new car.

8. Melakon

I considered making such a statement earlier, but worried it might be interpreted as heresy. Maybe she just needed the money.

9. Guy Gardener

Even if they lied to Kate, and she figured out that someone had been fibbing, and Mulgrew wanted to get out of the "documentary" ...Legally binding contracts had been signed that could have ruined the woman if she tried to pull out.

Do the movie, or lose her beach house, AND get a reputation for being difficult.

10. JanewayRulz!

JanewayRulz! Vice Admiral Admiral

"She" doesn't have a twitter account. The twitter account is run by the webmistress for the totallykate.com website.

Have you considered she just took this on as a paying voiceover job?

She is an actress, after all, and selling her voice is part of her bread and butter. DO we really think each actor voicing a car commercial drives that brand?

Last edited: Apr 8, 2014
  11. The Lady Eve

The Lady Eve Vice Admiral Admiral

^^Oops - you're right. Totally Kate is probably seeing an uptick in traffic tonight.

12. Melakon

I think Patrick Stewart was already driving a Jaguar when he did those Pontiac commercials.

13. You_Will_Fail

You_Will_Fail Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Don't pretend this isn't a totally different situation. One doesn't really have strong "beliefs" about cars, this is clearly a belief-driven documentary and being willing to voice it sends out a message. It'd be naive to think otherwise.

14. Guy Gardener

From a purely atheistic point of view, this movie is equally as ridiculous as any other faith based movie like "Two of a Kind" or "Clash of the Titans".

15. Mach5

Mach5 Admiral Admiral

How much do you think her fee was? How much do narrators get payed anyway? Does anyone know how much top-tier celebrity narrators like Morgan Freeman or Ian McKellen charge? Kate isn't exactly in the same league, so I doubt she'll be buying Ferraris with this money...

16. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

She must need the money. Or perhaps the ungodly levels of technobabble she had to recite in Voyager drove her to some kind of rejection of science.

17. Guy Gardener

A (basic option) 2014 Prius costs 30,000.

That's how much Wang used to get paid for a week to make an episode of Voyager.

"Narrating" or voice work, probably wouldn't take longer than a day, if they had her redo a shit load of takes they thought could be done better. But really, three hours work, 2 hour lunch, 3 hours more work and they're probably done.

It's just talking for an hour and 20 minutes, not "acting" for 80 minutes.

And that's if the entire movie is narrated and not filled full of interviews and dramatic recreations, and reality footage of science shit actually happening...

Her entire narration, hello this is what we are about, 6 or 7 30-second joiners between evidence, and then a round up, top off and sign out... That sounds like she is in the movie for 20 minutes.

Most of her time in the recording booth will be waiting for the techs to get shit sorted.

So 5 takes on everything, and that's still less than 2 hours before she can roll out of there with a fist full of cash.

18. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

Less investment than a convention.

19. hux

hux Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

No, not good enough.....selling out for material crap is one thing but being a voice for cretinism is always repugnant

Patrick Stewart can do "money supermarket" or "Fifa" all he wants but if someone asks him to narrate a documentary called "gays are deviant scum" then i have no doubt that he would tell them to "fuck off"

lets hope she was duped.....fingers crossed (no seriously, i'm slightly terrified about this) i'm hoping it's some kind of April fool

20. Guy Gardener

I'm sorry, but I really haven't researched this.

I thought there was two options.

1. I was lied to and was too stupid to know what I signed up for until it was too late, I've been railroaded and cheated. Woe is me I am a princess who needs rescuing by a tiny violin player.

Or

2. I don't care who they are, or what they believe in as long as their money is real.

Option 2 seems far more logical.

However now you are telling me that there is an antihomosexual agenda tacked onto the antiastronomy agenda?

Which gives us different options.

1. No it's true, I really do hate the gays.

2. I was tricked into helping homophobes and I'm not happy about it.

3. I loves the gays, but no one gets inbetween me and my money.