Lt. Kim

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by c0rnedfr0g, Nov 11, 2013.

1. Timewalker

Timewalker Cat-lovin', Star Trekkin' Time Lady Premium Member

In many different universes, simultaneously.
    I just had a mental image of a gardener going out to do the weeding and being greeted by a chorus of "baaa" from the wooly, mammalian veggies... :p

2. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

There was an episode of Lexx where a (homosexual?) cannibal had a similar fantasy where he was growing endless fields of sexy beefcake, where their heads (and maybe their bare bare naked shaved oiled chests?) were popping out of the soil and he was watering them with a watering can.

This takes playing with your food to entirely different levels.

(Only in Germany.)

3. Guy Gardener

Originally it was supposed to be Tuvok's Pon farr in Bloodfever, but Rus put his foot down and insisted the Tuvok would never under any circumstances cheat on his wife.

4. Timewalker

Timewalker Cat-lovin', Star Trekkin' Time Lady Premium Member

In many different universes, simultaneously.
    The Space Channel here (in Canada) showed Lexx. I watched a few minutes, got thoroughly disgusted, and tried very hard to avoid any sight or sound of it ever again.

5. Guy Gardener

It's a bit rough in places, but after the miniseries movies are finished, once the actual ongoing series starts, I'd say it's as good and sometimes better than Farscape. This is because they both developed their story and created a larger plot that tied the seasons together, that watching week to week mattered because "stuff" was always happening that followed through.

6. borgboy

borgboy Commodore Commodore

Lexx is really wonderfully bizarre.

7. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm watching Lexx now, got a bit distracted but getting back to it. It's a trip.

8. Guy Gardener

You feel sorry for Stanley, thinking that he's not awful, and should be able to get his leg over at least once, but then you see that thing he does with his face before he kisses someone.

9. teacake

It's disgusting.

What the heck is wrong with him anyway.

10. Guy Gardener

As creepy as that over puckered face he pulls might be, only even creepier people kiss with their eyes open.

11. borgboy

Lexx has a great series finale too. I won't say anything for spoilers, but it's very satisfying and true to the mood and themes of the series.

12. Guy Gardener

The episode where they played Chess near the end is so fantastically meta.

13. exodus

exodus Fleet Admiral Admiral

....or we're just assuming Ensign Rollins & Lt. Rollins are one and the same person. Wasn't there a Admiral Chakotay in DS9?

That's the make-up dept. not the script writers and the fact the show isn't filmed in order.
    If I write a story about no Vulcan women on the ship and the make up dept. decides to put Vulcan ears on a stand in, that's not the writers fault. It's a miscommunication between dept., that stuff happens all the time in movies.

14. borgboy

I don't necessarily mean to place all the blame on the writers, I think the sloppiness I referred to was a group effort. I don't mean to be too harsh, it is just one detail. But maybe that sort of detail should've been in the series bible, or at least whoever's in charge of these kind of things should've noticed. It's just a nit picky little mistake, but it is a little jarring and takes me out of the story a little when mistakes like that get made, but they happen, I get that.

15. teacake

Why will no one believe my Vulcan weeabo explanation. It makes perfect sense.

16. Guy Gardener

In Meld Janeway asks why Tuvok didn't ask one of the other Vulcans to meld with him.

"Plural".

No mention in Counterpoint.

Jesus! The unnamed Vulcan female is from season 7's repression?

AND SHE'S A MAQUIS!

No frakking excuse.

17. borgboy

There could be another male Vulcan on board.

18. Guy Gardener

Other than Vorrik?

Here's the thing, if she's Maquis, she could be Romulan.

Janeway had a Romulan on Board and didn't "use" her during Eye of the Needle to prove that she was progressive, or as a hostage because not very deep down at all she's a ####?

Cinderfuckingrella.

Here's the other thing... If Janeway accepted a Maquis Romulan onto her crew no questions asked, and the Federation were allies with the Cardassians... What the frakk was Seska's beef?

Sounds more personal than political.

19. borgboy

I'm pretty sure we see enough of the Vulcanoid woman to know she doesn't have the Romulan forehead. I would think if there were a Romulan on board something interesting could and should have been done with her.
    I just accept her as a non Romulan, non Vulcan Vulcanoid. All the speculation is fun though.
    Seska's issues seem to be about her frustrated unrequited love for Chakotay as much as anything else.

20. exodus

exodus Fleet Admiral Admiral

Other than "Repression" being a bad story to being with?
    Wait, it must be the writers way of pissing off the Tuvok fans on purpose!!!

Oh, wrong subject.