Breaking Bad - Season 5

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Agent Richard07, Jul 7, 2012.

1. Capt. Vulcan

Capt. Vulcan Vice Admiral Admiral

Well, I assume discretion is a huge part of this type of work. Otherwise who'd hire them right? But it really is reckless, but that's probably the point. Walts getting out of control. Before they had Mike vetting their contacts before he worked with them, so he was somewhat protected. But Mike put them in contact with Todd's boss, not Todd. Now Todd is putting them in contact with his nazi uncle, and we have no idea how trustworthy Todd is as a lone operator.

I can see the logic behind killing everyone in a 2 minute window. The second the first couple are killed they're putting the rest on lockdown. But I'm guessing there's a huge chunk of ego involved in orchestrating the whole thing within such tight restraints. Sort of like the ego involved in getting his meth to the highest % possible. I doubt Walt had any idea of the market value of his meth when he was originally making it. He was just doing it that way because of his own personal standards. He feels like a kingpin now so if he wants everyone dead in a 2 minute window, then he's going to get it.

2. Mojochi

Mojochi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I can't remember... Does Todd even know Walt's name?

3. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Keeps calling him "Mister White" just like Jesse did.

4. PKerr

PKerr Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

As I said I realize Walt felt like they needed to go and I know time is of the essence as the canaries would start singing but if it were planned in such a way (a riot perhaps) where the guys were killed different ways, one trampled to death another fell to his death more people were killed along with them and so on, it would not scream that those guys were hushed up ASAP, the way it was done in flat out rampant murder IMO they put themselves squarely under a microscope and screamed "please re-open ALL of your investigations as we have tones to hide".

5. gblews

gblews Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah, good lookin out, regardless. At least we know it wasn't a total retcon.
    This is a plausible enough lie except that now that Hank has found a connection between those whom he thinks should have no connection, it surely wouldn't be enough to throw him off the scent.
    Yes, I don't think they give prople in witness protection M60 rifles.
    It's Breaking Bad, there's always something ominous coming.
    Yes, he calls him "Mr. White", just like Jesse.

6. warriorsfan

warriorsfan Admiral Admiral

Even more obvious was the inscription on the next page:

[​IMG]

7. PKerr

PKerr Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

There are scenes where Todd was around when Mike calls him Walter.

Just because he calls him Mr. White (out of elderly or head honcho type respect) does not mean he doesn't know his first name.

8. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah, Hank will definitely be going back over all the old case files now. The question is what physical evidence is there left to actually link Walt with?

Probably the only option he'll have is to try drawing Walt out through a sting operation of some sort, possibly by having Lydia convince him to start cooking again.

9. Capt. Vulcan

Capt. Vulcan Vice Admiral Admiral

Considering how megalomaniacal Walt is getting, I'm pretty sure part of it was trying to show off.

10. warriorsfan

warriorsfan Admiral Admiral

In real life, there was an English serial killer John George Haigh who was known as the "Acid Bath Murderer." He didn't use acid to kill his victims, but he did dissolve their bodies in oil drums filled with concentrated sulfuric acid, eerily similar to the way the bodies were disposed of on Breaking Bad. And it worked, the bodies were never recovered, although he was still caught, convicted and sentenced to death on the strength of the other evidence.

You're right that HF is not strong enough to completely dissolve a body as depicted on the show, but it would render it almost unidentifiable except through DNA testing. Concentrated sulfuric acid (as the Acid Bath Killer used) would be better. Or better yet, liquid lye. At least the liquid lye wouldn't dissolve Jesse's bathtub like in Season one.

11. Robert Maxwell

Robert Maxwell memelord Premium Member

Yup. The lesson is, bases are best for dissolving bodies. ;)

But then, "let's dissolve him in a basic solution" doesn't have the sexy ring of "let's melt him in acid."

12. Borgminister

Borgminister Admiral Moderator

Spoilers, anyone?

Kidding. The wrap-up is gonna be epic, whatever happens...

13. Robert Maxwell

Everybody dies.

Walt dies twice.

14. Borgminister

Borgminister Admiral Moderator

Figuratively speaking, Walt's already died once... :(

15. Tom

Tom Vice Admiral Admiral

...until the Genesis project saved him..LOL Star Trek: Breaking Bad

16. Roger Wilco

Roger Wilco Admiral Admiral

Finall got caught up with the show uptodate now. Holy shit. Wow. Fucking Gale, eh? :lol:

Can't wait to see what happens next now that Hank's eyes are finally open.

17. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Star Trek? Once a Upon a time Walt fought the Shadows bare fisted to the death.

18. Trubinator

Trubinator Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Somebody should do a Walter White facts gag like people did with Chuck Norris.

19. Snowlilly

Snowlilly Lieutenant Red Shirt

dang I just finally watched the last two episodes and wow....Walter has gone down a dark path. I would have never guessed he would become what he has from watching season 1. I used to like him :( now Jesse is really the most likable person in that show. And of course, what are the odds, that Walter finally wants to quit the business and Hank finally figures it out!

20. Robert Maxwell