Memorable scenes

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Enterprise' started by Melakon, Dec 20, 2012.

1. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

[​IMG]

Hoshi: Can you imagine the look on the Emperor's face when he sees this ship? You'll be declared Hero of the Empire.

I love how Archer looks up, already posing for his statue. I wonder if it was scripted, or if Bakula improvised the bit of business. I've only seen the first two seasons, but fortunately I have this on dvd.

2. ChristopherPike

ChristopherPike Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I don't think a single square inch of scenery went unchewed during those episodes. :lol:

[​IMG]
    "The bridge is yours... Captain!"

3. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yah they had a LOT of fun

And Melakon TWO WHOLE SEASONS of yet to watch Trek, I envy you!

4. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I actually liked Mirror Archer better than the real one. His sardonic streak was amusing and his ego was more.... well genuine(better wouldn't be a good word).

5. Melakon

I also missed parts of DS9's final season and at least one Voyager ("Relativity"), so there's some additional catching up to do.

Prime Archer always seemed a bit of a wuss to me. I knew Bakula could play intense, as I'd seen Lord of Illusions.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2012
  6. teacake

Relativity is one of my favorites :)

7. teacake

Every now and then I'm suddenly into Archer.. Damage was one episode. But there's all the guff otherwise and the fact that if I actually met Archer he really would put me off. Trip I could talk to, Reed I could have a drink with, Phlox would be yummy.. Archer is uptight, dull and unpleasantly aggressive when he's trying not to be dull.

8. R. Star

But he could knock you on your ass! :p

9. teacake

:lol:

Truthfully any of them could!

But the real question is who do I want to knock me on my ass.. Okay give me Hayes. I would immediately surrender, so we could minimize any restraining injuries, and unlike Archer I'm sure Hayes could restrain me without all that testosterone flailing of fists that Archer engages in.

Then afterwards every time I passed Hayes in the hall I would blush. I'd make sure I was staring at him while doing it.

10. R. Star

Um... Hayes and Reed cock fighting was probably the height of Enterprise's testosterone flailing as you so eloquently put it. :p

11. teacake

But they were effective.

Anyway I would put up no resistance, Hayes would not have to break a sweat. He would take me down BAM.. headlock in .5 of a second and knee in my back. And all with no bruises. If it was Archer I'd end up with a black eye and my nose would be pouring blood, all unnecessary to restrain me.

12. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

The reveal of the Space Nazi at the end of Zero Hour.

13. R. Star

If by memorable you mean perhaps the most facepalming scene in Trek history.

14. BillJ

No, I mean memorable. It was the only thing in either Voyager or Enterprise that actually had me still thinking about it five minutes after an episode had ended.

15. Melakon

Hey, the gentleman in my avatar led the parade for Star Trek Space Nazis.

My biggest gripe about Archer is in those first two seasons, whenever he got macho and into a fight, he always got his ass kicked. Sort of the Worf syndrome, but I could believe that Worf, unlike Archer, was strong enough to knock a Vulcan female on her ass.

16. BillJ

Problem with Archer was the way he was written. It's incredible that a space-faring organization would send someone so naive in command of their first deep-space mission. It needed to be someone far more pragmatic.

As soon as I saw Broken Bow, I knew he wasn't cut out for the Captain's chair.

17. R. Star

Archer only got his command out of nepotism. Really the only way to explain it given how he behaved.

18. teacake

And what were your thoughts on space nazis?

19. BillJ

I thought they were great and totally out of left field. It had me wondering where the story would be going. At that point I still hadn't heard whether the series was even going to be renewed for season four.

20. Melakon

When I first read the synopsis for Enterprise episodes, when I saw the Nazis I could only think "please, not again." It's my understanding that by the time of TOS' "Patterns of Force", Space Nazis were already a science fiction cliche. I was equally dismayed when Voyager's Hirogen wore Nazi uniforms. The Space Nazis of Star Trek might have fared better if their wardrobe had only resembled Nazi gear, rather than being straight from Western Costume Company.

And poor Skip Homeier suffered from typecasting through most of his career, after playing a Hitler Youth on Broadway (and film version) at age 13-14.