Avengers 2 News, Rumors, Etc. Pictures until release...

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Flying Spaghetti Monster, Aug 7, 2012.

1. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Characters like War Machine and the Falcon are on active standby in case the actors ask for too many money :lol:

(Apparently War Machine is going to be in Avengers 2 which blows my mind, they already have so many characters!)

2. The Old Mixer

The Old Mixer Mih ssim, mih ssim, nam, daed si Xim. Moderator

Interesting possibility...maybe Tony won't even be Iron Man in this one....

3. Out Of My Vulcan Mind

Out Of My Vulcan Mind Vice Admiral Admiral

The predictable function for Rhodey in the story is that he's killed and that's the impetus to get Tony back in action as Iron Man (as well as ramping up the emotional stakes if Tony feels responsible for his death), but we'll see how things unfold.

4. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

Yeah, that's my guess (partly because I suspect he'll fill the role of Pym and create Ultron).

5. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

They're not going to kill War Machine. He's the backup Iron Man for when Downey asks for too much money.

6. Alidar Jarok

Downey is already being paid entirely too much money. But Downey is the draw of the movie. If he's not in it, I suspect the character will be put on hiatus. I don't think they'll go for a War Machine movie because no one cares about that anywhere near as much. Given that (a) Avengers 3 is still awhile away, (b) there aren't really going to be any Iron Man movies between now and then, (c) Downey is under contract for that movie, and (d) there are rumors of wanting to go with a "New Avengers" crew after that (e.g., Black Panther, Captain Marvel, etc.), I think they're preparing for the idea of going sans Iron Man after 2018 or so.

7. Tom Hendricks

Tom Hendricks Vice Admiral Premium Member

Lets say Guardians of the Galaxy does well at the box office and is also well received by the movie going public. With the addition of Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver to Avenger 2, could they be spun off to an Inhumans movie? What do you think?

8. Alidar Jarok

What's their connection to the Inhumans? :confused:

9. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Quicksilver marries Crystal, one of the Inhuman royalty.

10. Alidar Jarok

That could work I don't know how important that is to the Inhumans overall, but it is at least a way to bring an outsider to the story to explain it to the audience (as well as potentially bring the Inhumans in contact with the Avengers). Depends on the story, of course, to decide if it's worth it.

11. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

For many many years Quicksilver stopped being an Avengers or X-Men character but an Inhumans character.

12. Alidar Jarok

Like I said, I could see it (although not Wanda so much). I just don't want it to be a Quicksilver movie, just an Inhumans movie.

But I do think they should strongly consider using Avengers as a launching pad for other franchises in the opposite of how the franchises launched the Avengers. Particularly, if, as I fear, the established movies are more or less going to be faded out.

A solo Black Widow movie would be a similar idea, although I understand the problems it poses (basically, there's going to be a lot of Romanoff character development in TWS and AoU, so the solo movie could feel like retreading the same ground. On the other hand, a legitimate spy movie could be fun.

13. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

They could do Black Widow versus Black Widow II!

14. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

Which could still play as a spy movie.

Even though we are going to get a good bit of Natasha backstory in Winter Soldier and AoU I don't see how that would negate giving her a solo film. If anything I think it assures the audience is more likely to show up for a character they feel they know vs a new one perhaps.

15. kitik

kitik Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Nice little teaser for a battle between Hulkbuster Iron Man and Hulk on that Marvel special tonight. Concept art for Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver looked good too. (Of course, we know how Avengers like to change their outfits.)

16. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

17. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Loving that artwork. Who's the redhead with Hulk supposed to be? Scarlet Witch? If so I wonder why she has a S.H.E.I.L.D. logo on her shoulder.

18. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

Quicksilver looks like Aaron Paul.

19. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

It's black widow

Also since this is concept art it's likely they used some "Avengers" pictures as a reference.

Hulk is in the same pose as the Avengers movie

Set picture from Johannesburg of Hulk reference prop and hulk buster hand

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

If the concept art is any indication, AoU's Quicksilver will look MUCH better than X: DoFP's Quicksilver.