Spider-Man movie (casting, rumors, pix till release)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Turtletrekker, Jul 2, 2010.

1. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

2. Captaindemotion

3. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

I still have no problem with the way Lizard looks. In the video interview with Webb that I posted from Wonder Con, he states something to the affect of the way we're seeing him now, won't be the final screen version. Or at least that is what i took out of the comments he made about rendering and such.

4. Captaindemotion

^ I wouldn't care if it was the final screen version. I think it looks fine.

5. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

I'm fine with that look, I just really wish he had the lab coat.

6. Admiral_Young

Agreed. I was just sayin' :) The bit of news still remaining that I'm still eager to hear, is who is writing the novelization. I'm hoping it is Peter David again :)

7. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

For sure. I just feel like I'm looking at a scaled down version of Roland Emerich's '98 Godzilla creature.
    The lab coat would add not only a break up in all the green but remind the audience of the humanity inside.

8. Admiral_Young

I wouldn't mind the lab coat either :)

9. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I wouldn't be surprised if we did see him in Lizard-form with a lab coat on at some point in the movie. It seems to me like it would be an almost guaranteed part of the transformation scene at least.

10. Captaindemotion

The lab coat works fine in the comics but I think it might look silly if he was wearing it for extended periods of time in the movie.

11. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

I don't think so at all. The lizardman is something that has been done many many times over the course of fiction. The labcoat adds a unique visual element to this particular character, and serves as a reminder that this fearsome looking creature is also Curt Conners, scientist, generally good guy, and Peter Parker's friend.

12. Admiral_Young

13. Garak

Garak Cruisin' Premium Member

Wow that clip was more awful than I could have ever possibly imagined.

14. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

I saw a trailer for this this past weekend before "The Hunger Games" and was pretty impressed with how it looks. Color me a bit more intrigued. I like them showing a bit more of Spidey cracking wise while in his costume.

One question for people following the behind-the-scenes stuff more:

I know the web-shooters are mechanical ones but the webbing itself is it something Peter Parker has "somehow" created (in spite of logic given the properties of the webbing) or is the webbing produced by his body and he just collects it and puts it in the shooters? (As I recall one of the trailers shots shows some webbing coming out of a spot in the nape of his neck.)

15. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

16. nvek86

nvek86 Commander Red Shirt

It's something he invented himself originally, if I remember correctly. Of course, since comics like to change things slightly from time to time there was also a period where he produced the "web" because of the spider bite.
    And I think in the Ultimate Universe, the "web" is something his father created and he improved upon.

17. Captaindemotion

18. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

Yeah, I know all of that. My question is what is the source of the webbing in this movie.

19. Captaindemotion

^ We don't know because the movie isn't out yet. Patience, padawan!

20. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

He has an army of spiders living in his room that he commands to spin webbing for him all day long. He then collects it and puts it into cans of silly string.