Favorite Movie Poster

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by Smellmet, Jan 28, 2014.

1. Smellmet

Smellmet Commodore Commodore

I've tried searching for a similar thread than the one I'm starting and can't really find a similar one so apologies if this has been done before, but I'd really like to see what peoples favorite posters are from the movie series, I'm linking a couple of my personal favorites to get the ball rolling, and I'll be interested to see any of the 'alternative' ones from down the years, ie the STID IMAX poster - the one with the oversized Vengeance behind the Enterprise at Warp.

I'll kick off with this:
    [​IMG]

Definitely one of my favorites - a classic old style 'montage' type, I love the use of colour especially the streaks coming out of Spock's face - the whole poster has got a great 'atmosphere' to it

2. Smellmet

I'm also a big fan of this one for similar reasons and I love the whole 'V' motif going on...

[​IMG]

3. dg1379

dg1379 Commander Red Shirt

I've always liked the teaser for First Contact

[​IMG]

4. Ethros

Ethros Vice Admiral Admiral

^ I also always liked the Japanese version of this, with the added Earth in it

[​IMG]

5. Smellmet

They are both excellent - forgot about the FC one, I used to have that on my bedroom wall - love the alternative version with the earth in! Never seen that before, this is what I'm talking about!

6. TheSubCommander

TheSubCommander Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

My favorite, though I never could figure out why the Enterprise was firing on the space station!

[​IMG]

My second favorite is TSFS, but since that is already listed, here's my third favorite...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Smellmet

Both good also, I didn't list TWOK in my absolute favourites precisely because of that! Looks like the artist got briefed incorrectly! I quite like the simplicity of the Generations one.

Next please...

8. C.E. Evans

C.E. Evans Admiral Admiral

9. 1001001

1001001 Serial Canon Violator Moderator

I had this one up on the wall for quite a few years.

:techman:

10. Smellmet

I love the TMP one, I like all the rainbow stuff going on that hints at the crazy warp effect of that era, but didn't put it up as I didn't want to put loads up and kill the thread before it gets started. I've got a couple of other favourites too but I'll see if anyone else posts them first

11. Mycroft Maxwell

Mycroft Maxwell Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

[​IMG]

I always loved this poster!!! When I was little (Before the movie came out) I thought that the face was a new type of klingon ship.

Edit: Sorry for the oversize, i didnt realize it was that large.

12. Smellmet

Still a decent one, but I can't decide wether or not I prefer it to the original one...

[​IMG]

13. Viper78

Viper78 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Favourite would be the Generations poster, then The Undiscovered Country poster in the above post.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2014
  14. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

I loved the Into Darkness one with Khan in front of burning future-London. Such a shame that never actually happened in the movie!

15. Smellmet

I would have like that one a LOT more if it wasn't such a rip off of The Dark Knight Rises. I much preferred this one, so simple yet says so much about the potential peril the crew are going to find themselves in, I love how half the poster is 'Into Darkness' so to speak too

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 29, 2014
  16. bbailey861

bbailey861 Admiral Admiral

Oh, this is a good thread. I have really enjoyed most, if not all, the posters out there but if I had to pick just one, I would have to say the Star Trek Generations poster. It is beautiful and elegant in it's simplicity.

17. Smellmet

My favourite so far is the First Contact teaser, simple yet menacing and fast moving, which the Borg are I guess...

18. dg1379

dg1379 Commander Red Shirt

Never saw that Japanese version of the FC poster. That's pretty cool.

19. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

Maybe it's nostalgia, but I gotta go with the TMP poster--and that's not even my favorite Trek movie!

20. Smellmet

I wouldn't argue with anyone putting that at their number one, it's got a great epic feel to it, much like the movie. (It's not my favourite Trek movie either, but it's in the top half)