Falling Skies Season 4 discussion thread - Spoilers

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Jedi_Master, Jun 18, 2014.

1. Jedi_Master

Jedi_Master Admiral Admiral

Season 4 of Falling Skies premieres June 22nd.

Season 4 trailer Here

Thoughts, ideas, hopes for the new season?

2. Admiral2

Admiral2 Admiral Admiral

I just want it to keep kicking Defiance's ass.

3. Mister Fandango

Mister Fandango Fleet Captain

I was bored to tears watching it. This whole change of tactics doesn't make any sense to me. Which, sure, being aliens with alien mindsets makes a little sense in and of itself if it were at all realistic, but seeing as how its human writers putting the show together (as evident by them trying to duplicate the Nazis)... yeah, no.

4. Kirby

Kirby Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I had all but forgotten about this show until it popped up in my "To Be Recorded" queue on my DVR the other day.
    It's not a great show, by any means, but it is more fun to watch than others (I'm looking at you, Under the Dome).

5. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I enjoy the show, and I'm looking forward to it coming back.

6. Technobuilder

Technobuilder Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Apparently this already hit the Web for Advance Screening. I've enjoyed this series so looking forward to the premiere.

7. Jedi_Master

Jedi_Master Admiral Admiral

I am too.

I am not excited by the apparent focus on children of varying ages, but I always like the way they keep your interest, and provide some twists throughout the season.

8. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

We need an intervention thread to deal with shit like this.

s04e01 wasn't terrible compared to earlier episodes, but consdering the skitters seeming failure to seal the deal, I can understand the need for a change in tactics from the Asphenni.

Remember, the harness kids are not going to live past 20.

The skitter kids that were harnessed years ago on skitter world are probably also approaching the end of their life spans if their aging potential was quartered as well.

It's/was an unsustainable business model.

9. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

New show runner this year.

I liked season 1, it was "ehh", loved season 2, season 3 was a bit of a mess. I'll probably watch season 4 but I have no expectations.

10. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

Season 3 was all over the place--some good moments, some....not so good. I really enjoyed season 1 and 2 but now I'm just "interested" to see how it plays out.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2014
  11. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Last man alive on Planet Earth: John Pope.

That is the only worthwhile ending I see for this series.

12. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm curious what role exactly
    the now adult Lexi is going to play in the war. FYI: The actress playing her, 23 year old English actress Scarlett Byrne, played Pansy Parkinson in the last three Harry Potter movies.

13. Technobuilder

Technobuilder Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The whole Alien Baby Hybrid with artificially accelerated aging thing kinda turned me off. I like the show but I feel like this thread was shoved down our throats. Hopefully she's not programmed to be an evil mustache twirler. But I swear hardly anyone has creative ways to deal with newborns on action adventure shows... and yet pregnancies continue to be written in due to actresses getting pregnant.

Hopefully 'Lexi' isn't Karen 2.0 or the broker of peace between humanity and the Espheni... I want those bastards exterminated by the end of the series.

14. Morpheus 02

Morpheus 02 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Holy Praeta Na Ma, Batman!

But it IS hard to make a baby into a significant character without some kind of artificial aging, at least without radically changing a series. Space based/future sci-fi might be easier

15. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

I agree, in an interview they even admitted that wasn't planned at all. It was done because the actress got pregnant in real life. I rather they have her kidnapped and disappeared for several episodes and never got pregnant on the show.

But that turned me off of the show a lot too.

16. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

My wife and I just binge-watched our way through all three seasons on DVD, just to refresh our memories, and I can honestly say I'm looking forward to Season 4.

Yeah, S3 was kind of all over the board a bit, but I find the characters likeable enough to care about their plight. Plus, there's still a lot of unanswered questions, so I'm aboard for the ride.

17. Caretaker

Caretaker Commodore Premium Member

It looks like Lexi is the new Isabelle Tyler (from The 4400). I wasn't a fan of that element of that series.

The new showrunner is David Eick. I just hope that he has a plan... :devil:

18. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

I enjoy this show in the same way I enjoy Haven: Good cast, likeable characters, and a fun premise (even if they did abandon Massachusetts). What some call a "guilty pleasure." But for the life of me, I can't remember where they left off. It seems like forever since it was on.

19. Relayer1

Relayer1 Admiral Admiral

No, I deleted most of season three without watching it. Just couldn't stand it any more.

There's still a small chance I'll watch Under The Dome...

20. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I do agree the whole accelerated aging alien hybrid baby thing is annoying, but I can understand why they did it. It's not enough to make look forward to the new season any less.
    Woohoo, the premier is tonight!